Interpretation of Trivium

• Thread starter Alien DNA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think it's been posted before, but I fucking love it still. :lol:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
:lol:

One thing I always hated about that song, is the tile is "Pull harder on the strings of your martyr" But in the song he sings "PULL!!!! HARDER!!! STRINGS!!!! MARTYR!!!!"

What the shit?!

thedonutman

Reaction score
I saw this a long time ago, and now every time I listen to the song, I can't help hearing "BOAT! RUDDER! STRANGE! MOUNTAIN!", as well as "TWIGADEE!!!"

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I like the Opeth bit. That was funny and man, Trivium is so gay.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
huh, I actually like Trivium. Alot. Especially their new disc. I don't get the hate, but hey to each their own I guess.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
huh, I actually like Trivium. Alot. Especially their new disc. I don't get the hate, but hey to each their own I guess.

I think it's similar to the crap Slipknot got early on in their career. I can remember very clearly me and my friends gettin quite hyped about their first release, only to completely dismiss them as a band the second they got big. I was just being a dumb kid i guess, being about 16 and all, you get that stupid protective feeling over your favourite bands. Slipknot have grown into a fucking amazing band in my opinion, but it's still uncool to like them by tr00 elit0rz metall0rz :lol:

Trivium are a great thrash band, there's no doubt about it, amazing musicians, but i think the hate comes from the fact that kids love'em, but have no idea of their background and perhaps that pisses the older generation off a tad. They're doing absolutely NOTHING new, not even the slightest bit original. I'm not sure who it was on here that said it, but someone quite aptly said "it's like a bunch of session musicians doing thrash covers". As true as that may be, i think if you squint your eyes and just go with it, they're a fantastic musical outfit. It's just a shame about the kiddy marketing

CatPancakes

Im Insane
Reaction score
funny thing is
boat
rudder
strange mountain

are actual lyrics in that song
or are they?

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but they come across as ridiculously contrived to me. Pretty much every moment on their latest album just sounds like a calculated effort to prove how clever they are, and it didn't help that they went on record saying "we're gonna write some slow moody seven-string songs and a an instrumental song that sounds like Dream Theater and a technical thrash song and there won't be any screaming blah blah blah". Every moment is a case of spot the influence, or more often than not, spot a failed attempt at them trying to ram an emo chorus into a second-rate Metalliclone song. Add to that the fact that their lyrics are fucking woeful, they brag about practicing seven hours a day and aren't really that proficient and that the skinny Asian kid that fronts the band tries to act like a Hetfield-esque redneck onstage and I just don't see the appeal. At least they're not legitimate douchebags like Avenged Sevenfold. Oh well.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I actually agree with DDDorian.

I was disappointed with the latest album. I do think it´s good, just good, not stellar and it has very good musicianship (these guys play way better than me) but I also think it was very calculated. I liked Trivium since I heard Pull Harder On the Strings of Your Martyr and I went on to get Ascendancy, and that´s my favorite record by them. I´m not into metalcore, honestly, but I liked that record because it was raw. I did get The Crusade and I´m certain I never listened to it more than 6 times, I kept going back to Metallica, although some songs were very good.

But to me it wasn´t like "oh, Trivium sold out, I must hate them" it was more like a musical incompatibility from the second record on. Let´s see how the third will be (I know they have Ember to Inferno, but I´m counting the major records)

')