Interpretation of Trivium

• Thread starter Alien DNA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
for sure, songwriting isn't their strong point, but they're great musicians non-the-less. Although to put their popularity into context - their drummer won the metal hammer (i think) drummer of the year award last year........ :squint: so playing medium paced doubled-kick under a 4/4 rock beat makes you the best drummer... in the entire world...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lueastside

Reaction score
I don't really like Trivium that much, but alas I do give them some respect and I wouldn't mind seeing them live and getting hammered, rocking out. Have you guys heard the lead singer/guitarists other band he's in called, "Capharnaum". It's pretty killer Tech Death stuff.

Alien DNA

Fedex must die!!!!!
Reaction score
I have to say, Trivium played in Melbourne on The Black Crusade tour (i think it was called) with Arch Enemy and Machinehead....I dont know what the fuck happened but Trivium was the best band of the night by far.....ive seen arch enemy before and they tore me a new one but had a very lazy show that night and machinehead were beyond terrible..i mean the singer had pony tails and wore some ridiculous outfit(apparently it was a joke that had no one laughing) and the quality of their show really sucked, but Trivium really kicked arse to my surprise!! So i gained a little respect for them...

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have to say, Trivium played in Melbourne on The Black Crusade tour (i think it was called) with Arch Enemy and Machinehead....I dont know what the fuck happened but Trivium was the best band of the night by far.....ive seen arch enemy before and they tore me a new one but had a very lazy show that night and machinehead were beyond terrible..i mean the singer had pony tails and wore some ridiculous outfit(apparently it was a joke that had no one laughing) and the quality of their show really sucked, but Trivium really kicked arse to my surprise!! So i gained a little respect for them...

I was at that show too. Machine Head were wearing that stuff for Halloween. My mates and I got a good laugh out of it. :lol: I thought they played alright, concidering how drunk they were. :lol: That show actually got me back into listening to them again, after a couple years of not listening to them.

Arch Enemy need to do a headlining Australian tour like they did back in 2005. Their sets at both Gigantour and The Black Crusade were way too short. : /

WillingWell

Reaction score
Well I can't speak for anyone else, but they come across as ridiculously contrived to me. Pretty much every moment on their latest album just sounds like a calculated effort to prove how clever they are, and it didn't help that they went on record saying "we're gonna write some slow moody seven-string songs and a an instrumental song that sounds like Dream Theater and a technical thrash song and there won't be any screaming blah blah blah". Every moment is a case of spot the influence, or more often than not, spot a failed attempt at them trying to ram an emo chorus into a second-rate Metalliclone song. Add to that the fact that their lyrics are fucking woeful, they brag about practicing seven hours a day and aren't really that proficient and that the skinny Asian kid that fronts the band tries to act like a Hetfield-esque redneck onstage and I just don't see the appeal. At least they're not legitimate douchebags like Avenged Sevenfold. Oh well.

I agree in full. Well put.

omentremor

this godles endeavor
Reaction score

Man i was there and in my opinion Machine Head absolutely killed. Halo as fuckin incredible. My mates and I managed to get a Machine Fucking Head chant going half way through the Trivium set. I also enjoyed smacking about some of the scene kid fans. Ascendancy, in my opinion is a really kickass record, but The Crusade is nother more than kiss ass to metallica. The solos all throughout it dont seem to have any point other than to try and make them seem like great shredders. No doubt they are decent, but god damn there are some better players out there, I'd love to see them open for Nevermore and try to make the 7 hours of practice claims.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
I like Trivium, I don't really understand all of the hate for them on this site. I don't like the new album too much, but I loved Ascendancy.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
^ :agreed: I thought the video was funny because his lyrics are hard to make out at times. Other than that, I like the band a lot. Good music, catchy hooks and some great lead lines. :shrug: I don't get all the hate for the band but everybody has different tastes. :) Ascendancy is an AWESOME album IMHO. :D

Alien DNA

Fedex must die!!!!!
Reaction score
I was at that show too. Machine Head were wearing that stuff for Halloween. My mates and I got a good laugh out of it. :lol: I thought they played alright, concidering how drunk they were. :lol: That show actually got me back into listening to them again, after a couple years of not listening to them.

Arch Enemy need to do a headlining Australian tour like they did back in 2005. Their sets at both Gigantour and The Black Crusade were way too short. : /

Bullshit!! Really, fuck what a spew i didnt bump into ya!!! Sorry man, still think MH sucked, saw them with slayer ages ago and thats when they kicked arse...maybe i was just disappointed...i duno...but they didnt do nothing for me that night!!!
...and yeah, arch enemy felt like they played for 10min before they left and that sucked the big one
...cmon Soilwork man:hbang:

quartie

Hal's
Reaction score
*is very proud that Big Dave and Brave Sir Garrick are my good mates*

Check out the rest of their interpretations on youtube. If you see the classic Strapping Young Lad - Love interpretation, you can see them on top of the mountain.

I personally despise Trivium, but that's not really the point. Everyone has different tastes. Still funny to re-write lyrics. I'm currently working on basically the entirity of Static X tracks!

')