"Intervals" (Aaron Marshall stands alone)

• Thread starter neoclassical85
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zerox8610

Reaction score
Oh for sure. But in my opinion, that album resonates more to me personally, than the new album. Personal preference.

Right there with ya. In Time is by far my favorite release from Aaron. I definitely like this new album, but it just feels a little too Polyphia-ish for me without the classic Aaron. Part of this could just be his switch from the down-tuning that we've grown accustomed to, to E standard, but who knows. AVW was great too, but I have yet to hear anything from them (him) that resonates with me as much as In Time did the first time through.

That being said, Aaron is still one of my favorite guitarists in the scene, and I'll probably support everything he ever releases.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thorerges

Reaction score
Yea aaron is solo now. Anup and lukas wanted to keep a vocalist and aaron didnt, so he fired them. Anup in now in monuments, dunno what happened lukas. Honestly this is the best thing for Intervals as a band, even though some fans didnt like how everything went down. Aaron will sell a lot of records and have tons of students.

Don't know how many records he will sell, instrumental bands tend to do very poorly in that area. But, he is a marketing guy, so he might do better than average.

Even though I can't stand reading what Aaron writes on social media, he is a super talented guitarist.

revivalmode

Reaction score
Ugh, need to train my ears more! Trying to figure out Fable but still struggling with some parts in the middle of the song. Barely listened to the other songs on the album because I've been hooked on this one since I heard the new album.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Don't know how many records he will sell, instrumental bands tend to do very poorly in that area. But, he is a marketing guy, so he might do better than average.

Even though I can't stand reading what Aaron writes on social media, he is a super talented guitarist.

Haha just out of curiosity, what don't you like about his social media postings??

InHiding

Reaction score
Just listening for the first time. I'm Awake has some nice riffs (a lot of them).

Reactions: X1X

InHiding

Reaction score
I hope a tab book for this is released. There is one for the previous albums so I guess it might be coming.

Last edited:

InHiding

Reaction score
Cool, for me it's worth buying. This album is the perfect combination of older Satriani style and some newer elements.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
I think someone, maybe metalsucks, described this as a sonic soundtrack.
I would completely agree with that & I really love the album because of it, however sometimes I kinda go "that part sounds like Chon, that part sounds like AaL" I'm not familiar with previous Internals material but I think Aaron doesn't have a completely unique voice on the instrument, I'd love to hear another album where he has a better sense of his style.

Chrisjd

Banned
Reaction score
This new album sounds so neutered compared to "In Time". It's like a little jazzy wankfest. Maybe I need to give it more time.

')