Interview questions for Jesse Ketive of Emmure

• Thread starter Rick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky_Gallows

lyketotallybrashdude
Reaction score
I'm defnitely curious about his set up. I love his tone.

when i first saw them in (05) it was just a 6505 with a boss suppressor through a full stack of kranks lol.

I can only imagine what he uses now.

gbttg tone was BIG :yesway::yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
^Dude you are gonna get your ass banned. :lol:

I also think a general "whats your signal chain?" question is appropriate. :agreed:

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
-Why did you select Ibanez Guitars over other endorsements such as ESP and Jackson? Or was there an opportunity to receive an endorsement for such companies?
-Are there any particular musicians that influence you, and possibly ones outside of the metal scene?
-How long have you been playing guitar, and what other instruments do you have experience playing?
-What guitars did you try before Ibanez sent you your first RGD, and why did you decide to stick with them?
-What's your rig setup like, and whats your favorite strings/string gauge?
-What is your view on deathcore?

bulb

Reaction score
Jesse, post up those preshow stretch exercises you were doing, shit was crucial!!

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Why interview a guy whose band is quite successful, tours constantly, sells tons of records, not to mention the chance to make a new friend?

Beats the hell out of me.

Krullnar

Reaction score
Why interview a guy whose band is quite successful, tours constantly, sells tons of records, not to mention the chance to make a new friend?

Beats the hell out of me.

You misunderstood- that was actually my suggestion for an interview question.

I kid, don't ban me. I just registered and I really enjoy the site.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
What's the deal with your singer talking/whining throughout a lot of your music? Why not singing, or just more screaming? Breakdowns are one thing, but it's too hard for people that don't listen to Emmure to get into you guys because of all the "Won't you be my bride?" bullshit, and so on. Do you guys dislike it/have any input on it?

That's an honest question, for real, with no intention of insulting.

elscar

Reaction score
What's the deal with your singer talking/whining throughout a lot of your music? Why not singing, or just more screaming? Breakdowns are one thing, but it's too hard for people that don't listen to Emmure to get into you guys because of all the "Won't you be my bride?" bullshit, and so on. Do you guys dislike it/have any input on it?

That's an honest question, for real, with no intention of insulting.

i'd be interested to hear the answer to that one too, their singer is totally what puts me off Emmure. i don't really understand the weird whiny vocals at all and i saw them live twice and his ego just put me off them completely. which is a shame because some of the songs are bouncy as hell

Reaction score
What got you into 7 strings?
How long have you been using sevens in emmure? tuning?
whats your favorite baseball team?

Nats

Reaction score
would they ever consider adding a "`" to the E in their name so they can be called Emmuray?

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
Ask him if he likes Emmure fans haha. TBH if you could ask him about how they got their tone on the new album I'd appreciate it. What amps/guitars/boosts/mics/mic pres/cabinets etc. It's crushing

Status
Not open for further replies.
')