Intonation lowest string

• Thread starter Dash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dash

Reaction score
Yea so I got thicker strings and intonated my guitar by a friend of mine. Now I got a problem, all the strings except the lowest string is correctly intonated. When I tuned my guitar to the preferred drop tuning, all the notes on the lowest string are tuned too high a bit except for just the low string (when not on any frets).

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Is it intonated incorrectly? The thing is I play in Drop G# and I think he might made a mistake of intonating the lowest string in Drop A#, the rest was correctly tuned when I got it back.

Anyone got a solution? The scale is 25.5" by the way.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AvengedESP

Reaction score
How thick is the lowest string? My 25.5" RG7321 won't intonate at G# (the saddle won't go back any further) unless you put a huge .68 or .70 on it, and I can imagine any 25.5" guitar needing similar gauges.

If you have trouble intonating then the strings are probably the issue :)

Tereon

Reaction score
Yeah, I had a similar problem when I tried to intonate a 24.75" guitar tuned to Drop G# correctly. The saddles wouldn´t go back any further, so i tuned to Drop A and it worked. I never had a problem with a 25.5" in G#, but depending on your bridge and/or your string gauge that might be a dealbreaker:scratch:

Dash

Reaction score
How thick is the lowest string? My 25.5" RG7321 won't intonate at G# (the saddle won't go back any further) unless you put a huge .68 or .70 on it, and I can imagine any 25.5" guitar needing similar gauges.

If you have trouble intonating then the strings are probably the issue :)

I have a 68. string on it. :) I will try re-intonating it. :yesway:

EDIT: I just found out my other strings are also not intonated 100% correct so I will re intonate it.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed that string height and truss play a great deal into intonation. What I mean is I have to redo many things to get stuff right when changing gauge.

Latest posts

')