Introducing....

• Thread starter Black Watch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Black Watch

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello to all you fine folks, and thanks for letting me post.

My name is Bruce, I live in southern California, I have been playing guitars for about 25 years now (started as a little guy). I landed my first 7 string (an UV777BK – as seen below) about 7 years ago. I love to play music, but software brings in the money to keep strings on the instruments.

universe.jpg

I am lucky enough to have a wife that really likes my playing, and encourages me a lot. I have been reading here for a while before I registered, I think this is a very neat board with some good folks. I am a bit of a gear head and technical wonk, so I sometimes focus more on the technology and mechanics and neglect the “art” side of things.

My current project is attempting to meld some metal with some bagpipes & Scottish folk structures, songs based on running around wearing a kilt, drinking, killing your enemies. So far it does not work as well as we had hoped, but we are continuing to work on it. I promise to post MP3s of it (for you daring types) as soon as we have something I think is not crap.

Thanks all for welcoming me; I hope to contribute where I can.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Black Watch

Contributor
Reaction score
North side of Escondido - that was a picture taken from the back deck of the house, looking south towards Lake Hodges.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! \m/

You need a more metal strap though :p

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
What's wrong with his strap? It's black. Seems pretty metal...?

Seemed pretty metal to me too. I've got a plain black long Ernie Ball strap on my guitar and I can't think of any strap more metal than it.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
Seemed pretty metal to me too. I've got a plain black long Ernie Ball strap on my guitar and I can't think of any strap more metal than it.
Maybe if it had Sailor Moon muffdiving the Powerpuff Girls with a rainbow theme, then it would be more metal, eh?

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Maybe if it had Sailor Moon muffdiving the Powerpuff Girls with a rainbow theme, then it would be more metal, eh?

Or maybe if it had Aska from Neon Genesis Evangelion dressed in a maid outfit with two girls from Gundam dressed in cat outfits with Ai from Video Girl Ai in a skin-tight skimpy bikini, it might be more metal... right?

:rolleyes:

That's most likely what good ol' D-EJ915 there is thinking of.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Black Watch said:
North side of Escondido - that was a picture taken from the back deck of the house, looking south towards Lake Hodges.

Cool! I spent some time in Rancho Bernardo... but that's another story!:ugh:

Again, welcome!

Sleeper

Reaction score
Black Watch said:
...running around wearing a kilt, drinking, killing your enemies.

Welcome from a true Scottish Highlander, where we indulge in all the above on a nightly basis... mmm, killing your enemies, drooool... Ah, if only. D'oh!

Black Watch said:
My current project is attempting to meld some metal with some bagpipes & Scottish folk structures

Sounds like a good idea to me. A few mates of mine have something similar in mind, should be cool.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
Or maybe if it had Aska from Neon Genesis Evangelion dressed in a maid outfit with two girls from Gundam dressed in cat outfits with Ai from Video Girl Ai in a skin-tight skimpy bikini, it might be more metal... right?

:rolleyes:

That's most likely what good ol' D-EJ915 there is thinking of.
:lol: My thoughts exactly.

Black Watch

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Awakend. My own father was from Glasgow, and I was raised on a staple diet of songs from the Highlands. Though I am sure Jean Redpath (Scottish folk singer) had nothing like what I am attempting (and you as well?).

I can't quite score a sailor moon guitar strap, but I will confess that someone in the band has a fuzzy pink strap for his bass that my wife (you may have guessed it) bought for him. Of course this guy is convinced that the spirit of Bootsy Collins will save him in his hours of need.

Latest posts

')