Invader vs Blaze vs Lundgren vs BKP

• Thread starter amadeus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

amadeus

Reaction score
Im looking for a new bridge pickup for my S7320. I find that the stock pickup lacs clarity and tends to be looser then a hooker after a long days work when it comes to the low B string (more noticeable when soloing):agreed:.

From all the pickups iv tried and read about I found the Dimarzio blaze and SD invader to be extremely clear when it comes to the low end. now my question is would buying a Lundgren M7 or a BKP's Nail bomb be worth it, how much more clarity and tightness would I be getting.

also how are these pickups voiced? do they have any similarities to a after market pickup from SD or Dimarzio or is it something completely unheard of?

I know fredrick previously used a Blaze could the M7 be similar? and do any of these pickups have any trouble in a band situation with cutting thru?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
i think this is the first time i've ever heard someone refer to the invader as "extremely clear"!!
(i agree that it's a good sounding pickup, but it gets muddy real fast and easily)

the DM blaze and evolution pickups are definitely clear even at low tunings. i used to use an evolution for B and never had a problem with clarity at the low end (or anywhere else, for that matter). the blaze has similar tone characteristics.

unfortunately, i don't have experience with BKP, but based on the samples i've heard with BKPs from guys on this forum, i'm willing to say they do even better on the low notes than the DM blaze and evolution do.
i'm considering a BKP painkiller for my RG7420.

i haven't personally used lundgren pickups either, but i have one thing to say about them cutting through a mix: meshuggah :metal:
if i could afford a lundgren, i'd totally go for it. but they're about twice the price that i'd be willing to spend on any single pickup.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Adam, I believe I've told you this before at the store...the Lundgren is going to be the tightest thing going for that guitar, followed by the Evolution 7, and then Blaze/Blaze Custom. If you ever want to try out a Lundgren, just let me know at work, and I'll bring in Potty for you to try out. And same goes for any Meshuggah gear questions, I can give you painfully detailed info - the Blazes that were in their old UV's and LACS 7's were modded slightly, and then switched to using Lundgrens (the M series was designed for them) when they started playing those custom Nevborns briefly.

Invaders are just.....loud.

And welcome to the board :wavey:

B36arin

Reaction score
Seeing as the financial crisis is hitting both the UK and Sweden quite hard, I think this might be the time to get BKPs or Lundgrens. Lundgren haven't lowered their euro prices yet, but I'm going to get one and pay in Swedish kroner, because my money is mostly in Danish kroner, and the Swedish kroner is really low.

If you take a look in the BKP thread in the dealers forum, I'm quite sure Zimbloth sells the BKPs for $120, which sounds like an absolute steal, even if I haven't tried them myself.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Lundgren M7 in mahogony is awesome. Absolutely stellar. Nailbomb in mahogony wasn't brilliant, had it in the guitar before i put the M7 in. Tight, punchy, aggressive, just all round goodness!

Clips of the Lundgren? :)

Nick

Reaction score
the invader would probably do a job in a maple guitar but nothing darker.

I have a BKP (painkiller) in an all mahogany caparison and ive had it tuned down to drop A and it is as clear as a bell.

demolisher

Reaction score
Anyone know if Lundgren will make an M-8 staggered, for use in a fanned fret axe?

I contacted him and he asked me what country I was in, I responded USA and he referred me to conklin, and it turns out they are some of the nicest people ever. Seriously contact conklin they do all of it through them for lundgren, they told me they would give me a quote for it once I gave them the specs but expected it to be 40 or 50 dollars more than what they sell it.:yesway:

OzoneJunkie

Reaction score
I contacted him and he asked me what country I was in, I responded USA and he referred me to conklin, and it turns out they are some of the nicest people ever. Seriously contact conklin they do all of it through them for lundgren, they told me they would give me a quote for it once I gave them the specs but expected it to be 40 or 50 dollars more than what they sell it.:yesway:

ah, nice one, thanks.

amadeus

Reaction score
Well Thanks to Dendro i'v made a choice...

Iv tried A Blaze from a Uv and from what i found it was Really tight compared to those Ibanez Stock pUps, but yet still had abit of messyness when it came to my solo tone when shreding on the low B string

then I got a chance to try The Ibanez Pott leaf Floral with a Lundgren, Fuck. i was blown away, it was Way cleaner and tighter and I was still able to get that cry when I got up to the high strings. Amazing Pickup, when i get some money im all over that shit.

When i get the pickup ill post a few demos of it and attempt to compare it to some other 7 stirng pickup brands. but from what iv heard, Even when it comes to pickups Hand made will always be better then an assembly line pickup.

Thanks Everyone for your Posts

Caveman

Caveman
Reaction score
hmm Im struggling with this kinda problem at the moment too. I have a SD invader. And it sounds like a neck pickup. perhaps its wired wrong. i already posted a thread about that called jackson drt7 issues.
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/pi...-general-tech/81057-jackson-drt-7-issues.html
but What i'd really love is a 7 string Dimebucker. anyone know something that sounds like that? i keep my tuning drop a. ive tried the blaze. and i hated that. swapped it out for an emg 81-7. I have a Jb and thats really good but just needs a little more scream to it. is this lundgren pickup what i could be looking for? i've never even heard of it to be honest. Kinda sounds like one of those professional secret pickups like bartoloni

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
is this lundgren pickup what i could be looking for? i've never even heard of it to be honest. Kinda sounds like one of those professional secret pickups like bartoloni

Lundgren guitar pickups - Model M 7
"only" 195 euros (which is a little over US $250 at the current exchange rate)

but every sample i've heard of someone playing them does sound fantastic.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I dont think you guys are giving very good advice. Do you guys know how friggin bright the Jackson DR7T is? And how bright the Lundgren is? That's like me recommending the Evolution or Painkiller in there. Neither of those are at all like the SD Dimebucker which has a fat more low-mid heavy tone.

I'd recommend the BKP 'Warpig' or 'Miracle Man' model if going boutique, or perhaps the Seymour Duncan 'Custom' (SH-5) if you want something cheaper (although the BKPs cost about $125 less than Lundgrens).

Pickups are not one-size-fits-all. The makeup of the guitar has to be considered with great caution.

Latest posts

')