Invictus Guitars Revealed to be Idiots

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I love how Ever FOrthright says "We had offers from companies like Mayones, Halo, Novax, etc. We decided to go with Invictus Guitars UK". WOW. So in other words, you guys are rather dumb, or you are seriously expecting us to believe that a company like Mayones actually OFFERED you something! :lol:

This is going to be one of those rare cases where I totally agree with you dude. Instead of going from a company like Mayones, they decided to go into the unknown. :nono:

As for Gareth building guitars in exchange for other guitars in trade...that's all fine and dandy so long as you trade the finished guitar for the other guitar. I've done it once already, but I wouldn't take the other guy's guitar until i had finished the one that I said i would build and he was OK with it.

Demiurge

Reaction score
In all honesty though, most people could see this coming from a mile and a half away in a blizzard.

Sadly, that just speaks to how tight the blinders are on in these situations, the "holy shit- famous people have XYZ, and if I have XYZ, I'm famous!" blinders.

It might be in-line with the flattery someone expects when they've started to make a name for themselves and started having success to be offered an endorsement from a company that seems to be in an identical position. The difference is, the builder is only looking to make money- not tangentially from the musician's notoriety (that's just icing on the cake), but rather using the flattery and supposed discount as a pretext to close a sale. A builder like this seems to have had as many endorsees as guitars they have completed, which just seems like the custom shop equivalent of a vanity publisher.

In the real world, not everyone is looking to buy you low to sell you high- some just want to clean you out of what little you have.

bulb

Reaction score
There are some wise points being made here.
I will say this much. Even though it looks like I am a gear whore (and I kinda am haha) I don't accept a lot of guitars that I am offered. I am still very picky about the companies that I associate with, and with time I have only gotten pickier.

I usually only work with companies whose guitars I have tried and loved, and who have built several guitars of that caliber, not just one. Anyone can deliver a fluke, but consistently putting out a good product is a different story.

Be careful, and if it is any comfort, know that the brands that I work with can at least deliver a consistently amazing product, and you don't have to worry about quality from build to build.

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
Sadly, that just speaks to how tight the blinders are on in these situations, the "holy shit- famous people have XYZ, and if I have XYZ, I'm famous!" blinders.

The biggest mistake in this case was that potential endorsers allowed the company to use their names in advertising when guitars weren't delivered yet. You don't endorse products that don't exist yet, especially from unknown builder, especially if you haven't touched any of his guitars.

This is what basically fueled the whole shitstorm.

When I receive endorsement requests from people who have never touched my instruments, I'm always wondering why they want to endorse them. Even if my guitars do look and sound awesome ;), they can still be not what this guy is looking for. If you feel that your name is worth something, you don't give it to random company to score some gear cheap.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
There are some wise points being made here.
I will say this much. Even though it looks like I am a gear whore (and I kinda am haha) I don't accept a lot of guitars that I am offered. I am still very picky about the companies that I associate with, and with time I have only gotten pickier.

I usually only work with companies whose guitars I have tried and loved, and who have built several guitars of that caliber, not just one. Anyone can deliver a fluke, but consistently putting out a good product is a different story.

Be careful, and if it is any comfort, know that the brands that I work with can at least deliver a consistently amazing product, and you don't have to worry about quality from build to build.

Out of curiosity, you worded that as if companies have offered you guitars upfront and you declined to take them? As in, for free? What companies would do that? And what was wrong with them that you didn't like?

Whammy

Reaction score
if it is any comfort, know that the brands that I work with can at least deliver a consistently amazing product

How does this comfort people who lost money with Invictus? :scratch:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I love how Ever FOrthright says "We had offers from companies like Mayones, Halo, Novax, etc. We decided to go with Invictus Guitars UK". WOW. So in other words, you guys are rather dumb, or you are seriously expecting us to believe that a company like Mayones actually OFFERED you something! :lol:

More like you approached them about an endorsement and they decided to give you a slight artist deal. :lol:

I work with Ever Forthright and I confirm this is not the truth, Mayones did in fact offer them a deal, but Invictus offered a better (cheaper) one. :rolleyes:

bulb

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, you worded that as if companies have offered you guitars upfront and you declined to take them? As in, for free? What companies would do that? And what was wrong with them that you didn't like?

Yeah, that's exactly it, but in those cases I have either not tried their guitars or tried and not liked their guitars. Invictus was one of those brands, they were trying to send their guitars to almost everyone, when I initially refused they tried to send me one anyways and told me I could return it if I didn't like it.

Just to be clear, this isn't to say that every brand I have refused is bad, sometimes it just means that I haven't actually tried their products and don't want to risk backing a company that might not be good.

bulb

Reaction score
How does this comfort people who lost money with Invictus? :scratch:

That's not the context of what I was saying, I said "Be careful" right before that but you edited that out of your quote.
I was saying to future buyers, be careful, but know that I back the brands that I use and that you can expect quality from all of them, and hopefully that can come as some comfort since I know it can be scary to order a custom instrument blindly.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
I work with Ever Forthright and I confirm this is not the truth, Mayones did in fact offer them a deal, but Invictus offered a better (cheaper) one. :rolleyes:

So, would this then confirm all the muttering of Ever Forthright's guitarist "winning" the Mayones/Seymour Duncan Solo Contest being simply an endorsement deal, that the contest was actually just a publicity stunt that the winner was pre-selected? Seems kind of strange to me that when the general consensus is that the contest was already rigged (so to speak) that the winner was already "approached and offered" a deal by the company holding the contest. It was fairly obvious that he wasn't the best entry into that contest, considering partially his guitar wasn't even in tune half the time... :lol: Yet, he "won", when he was already in talks with Mayones about an endorsement deal?:scratch:

Interesting.

VERY interesting.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, that's exactly it, but in those cases I have either not tried their guitars or tried and not liked their guitars. Invictus was one of those brands, they were trying to send their guitars to almost everyone, when I initially refused they tried to send me one anyways and told me I could return it if I didn't like it.

Just to be clear, this isn't to say that every brand I have refused is bad, sometimes it just means that I haven't actually tried their products and don't want to risk backing a company that might not be good.

You mean, you wouldn't ENDORSE a company you have no actual experience WITH!?!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU BRAH?

:fawk:

aawshred

Reaction score
So, would this then confirm all the muttering of Ever Forthright's guitarist "winning" the Mayones/Seymour Duncan Solo Contest being simply an endorsement deal, that the contest was actually just a publicity stunt that the winner was pre-selected? Seems kind of strange to me that when the general consensus is that the contest was already rigged (so to speak) that the winner was already "approached and offered" a deal by the company holding the contest. It was fairly obvious that he wasn't the best entry into that contest, considering partially his guitar wasn't even in tune half the time... :lol: Yet, he "won", when he was already in talks with Mayones about an endorsement deal?:scratch:

Interesting.

VERY interesting.

why does this guy suck so much?

aawshred

Reaction score
i'm talking about you. your comments were beyond passive aggressive and obnoxious. seriously, take it easy.

Reactions: MJS

Guitarman700

Reaction score

Interesting.

VERY interesting.
You have NO idea what you're talking about. Go back to the hocking your gear.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
i'm talking about you. your comments were beyond passive aggressive and obnoxious. seriously, take it easy.

Calm down kid. You obviously don't understand what passive aggressive means. Edit: taking this part out, don't want to start a shitstorm, or make anyone cry.

there is nothing obnoxious about stating the obvious. Keep your irrelevant opinions on a perfectly legitimate observation to yourself.

If someone is connected to the company that sponsors public competition and wins it, we call that a conflict of interest. It just seems to be a conflict of interest, which, until proven otherwise, it MOST DEFINITELY is.

')