IPhone hidden battery fee

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
iPhone media blitz missed battery 'fee' - The Red Tape Chronicles - MSNBC.com

While hundreds of thousands of eager consumers waited anxiously for the iPhone last week, most probably didn’t know about the hidden fee attached to their purchase.

Now the obvious question is this: With all the words spoken and written about the iPhone prior to launch, why didn't someone tell them?

The iPhone battery will only survive about 300-400 recharges, the company says. Because the unit is sealed, consumers can't swap out dead batteries. Instead, dead phones must be sent to Apple, where battery replacement will take three business days and cost $79 plus a $6.95 shipping charge. Those who can't live without their cell phones for those three days can rent a spare iPhone for $29.

OK who still wants one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Its the same deal that happened with the iPod too, remember a few years back?
The thing that sucks about that is they totally format your ipod for whatever reason. The nice thing is, that there's several kits for the iPod where you can replace the battery yourself. im sure they'll be available for the iPhone before too long.

But i still do see that as a serious issue with the iPhone. If its the same battery as the larger iPods, i think it'll last more than 300-400 recharges. I recharge my ipod every day, just about, and its almost a year old and shows no signs of battery issues.

')