Iron Man 3

• Thread starter Sofos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I just got back about an hour ago from seeing it, and holy shit, it was really REALLY good. Best Marvel superhero film yet. I mean REALLY FUCKING GOOD.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the movie and had lots of fun watching it,but I do have some remarks.Since most Marvel's superhero movies are that high-quality,it pushes me to judge them even stricter.

The trailer hinted a more dramatic movie,and it proved to be the exact opposite.Awesome dialogs and jokes (equal if not greater than the ones in The Avengers).Great build-up (
Stark spends a great amount of the movie outside the suit and it proves how much of a badass he is,and it made me lust for ass-kicking inside the suit after it got charged,something that didn't happen and got substituted by the hero-moment in the skies,which wasn't exactly a hero moment because he wasn't actually in the suit lol
) followed by a bit weaker ending (considering the expectations the build up created as I was watching),but it fits the plot they went with.Speaking of plot, I have mixed feelings about the "big twist" .
Although the mandarin twist was hilarious,I was let down by the lack of Iron Man's arch enemy from the comics.If anything,the real Mandarin would provide a better end scene fight

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
Great movie for the normal public... But for Nerds like me,
I didn't like the way play about the Mandarin... This Guy is his greatest nemesis,his Joker or Bane,what Goblin is to Spiderman, and they did that?
but other than that great movie.
Any of you guys waited for the scene after the credit? it was funny as hell...

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm conflicted with it as on one hand, they wrote out Iron Man very well and I'd say it's probably the most gracious way they've ever ended a franchise. On the other, there were some things that make me go, "Huh?" Like the Mandarin twist that others have stated. It was hilarious, but I was expecting some real Mandarin to be waiting, and then there wasn't one. Also, the one thing - or things - that save him, he turns around and destroys? People still know him as Iron Man and have the potential to call him out at any time, so what happens if Whiplash were to happen again? Is it just like, "Yeah, I don't uh, do that anymore. Sorry."

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
At the end, when he picks up Jarvis, I think it is implying that he is starting it over from scratch. Especially considering that after the credits, it says he will return.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I saw it this morning but I was out all day. I loved the movie though!

I agree with the post above, I think he'll be starting over from scratch, what would they have him do in Avengers 2 then if he wasn't going to be Iron Man anymore? :lol:

I liked the mandarin plot twist it made me laugh and overall I thought the plot was very good. Liked it much better than the 2nd movie

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
At the end, when he picks up Jarvis, I think it is implying that he is starting it over from scratch. Especially considering that after the credits, it says he will return.

Well, in the previous movies it says that Iron Man will return. In this it says that Tony Stark will return. I don't read Iron Man stuff religiously, but I'm pretty sure that he puts the suit away for awhile. Most likely he will keep Jarvis around because he is his personal assistant. But I'm willing to bet that Iron Man doesn't come back until some point in Avengers 2. We will just see Tony Stark. Which would be pretty damn cool if this leads to the Civil War story line.

I also agree with what has been said. I was pretty upset about Mandarin being a ploy. Since Thor and Avengers revealed that there were mystical things going on and that super powered beings existed; it would have been a great way to bring in actual Mandarin...versus just depicting him as a terrorist. It's shitty that they ruined one of his biggest villains. Same with Iron Patriot. Iron Patriot is Norman Osborn.

Regardless of that, I still enjoyed the movie. Not nearly as much as Avengers, though.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Just got back from it; I quite liked it....glad to see that the previews didn't spoil it.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Saw it last night and I was very impressed. The only thing I didn't like was that it just barely crossed the line where it was too "jokey." It was too much at times.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Saw it last night as well. Thought it was good, but not great. Not sure what they're going to do with Iron Man in the Avengers, but I think it leaves things in a state such that he could still play a large part.

He tells Pepper that he going to thin out his collection of suits in the future, and he obviously still has the resources to build more of them after blowing the remaining ones up.

Perhaps persuading Stark back into action will be part of the plot of Avengers 2. Or, maybe we'll see more of War Machine?

Milpitas Monster

Reaction score
Saw it in IMAX 3d last night. Better than the last one but not as good as the first. 3d was sorta weak. They could have handled the ending better. Worst of all, generic bad dudes!!:nono::nono:

mcleanab

Theta Sagan Swords
Reaction score
Saw it last night and I was very impressed. The only thing I didn't like was that it just barely crossed the line where it was too "jokey." It was too much at times.

I agree... a little too much for me...

The stuff that is tweaking the die hard fans, I didn't mind since I was more of an X-men guy growing up, so the details about the villain didn't bother me as much.

With that being said, the previews to the new Wolverine just look bad... knowing some of that might be based on the first limited series by Chris Claremont/Frank Miller, I might have to get drunk before I watch it.

Iron Man 3 was pretty damn good, though.

Crabface

Reaction score
I saw it yesterday. It was very good.
It reminded me of The Incredibles.... :lol:
1. Superhero rejects aspiring young man who wants to be his sidekick.
2. Man turns evil and shit.
3. Evil guy deceives everyone else by running everything behind the scenes and looking like the good guy.

Reaction score
i thought it was pretty good but i liked the second one better, i was also shocked at the lack of AC/DC. the only time i can even tolerate AC/DC is when iron man is involved so i wasnt too upset about not having to hear them haha.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
With that being said, the previews to the new Wolverine just look bad... knowing some of that might be based on the first limited series by Chris Claremont/Frank Miller, I might have to get drunk before I watch it.

Looks a hell of a lot better than the first Wolverine movie. That thing was a hunk of dung. :lol:

(Yeah, it could still be shit, but I know XMO:W was gonna be shit by the previews alone.)

i was also shocked at the lack of AC/DC. the only time i can even tolerate AC/DC is when iron man is involved so i wasnt too upset about not having to hear them haha.

Hunh, you're right now that I think about it. It's a shame too, those moments worked *really* well in the other two movies.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Saw it last night in the IMAX. Movie kicked ass. Neither of the guys I went with liked it but I thought it was wicked, way better than IM2. Not quite as good as IM1 but not many movies are (imo)

3D conversion was totally ass, the movie was basically not 3D at all from what I could tell. No depth, nothing popped, nothing. Just darkened the picture - did not like it. IMAX sound was also way too loud. My hearing is bad and when it is physically uncomfortable to me, I can only imagine how normal people feel.

Sick special effects, soundtrack, sound editing, so many great quips, overall I think it was a great movie. Comic book fans don't seem to like the Mandarin stuff much though.

')