Irony.. (Petrucci content)

• Thread starter JohnIce
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, so my band was supposed to have a gig in Stockholm today, but we canceled it cause my bass player had too much school work to do. Then we find out Dream Theater are playing tonight aswell, but I didn't have the economy at the moment to go see them.

Yesterday, my aunt tells me that John Petrucci is having a meet & greet at a music shop, in Stockholm, today, the same day we were supposed to be in Stockholm but couldn't because of our bass player.

I tell this to my bass player, who lives in Stockholm, and sure enough, HE goes to the meet & greet. :squint:

Life simply isn't fair sometimes. But so as to not upset any of you, I WILL give you pics. Enjoy, and thanks for reading.

As a plus though, we did get our band name in JP's handwriting ;) This goes up on the wall in the rehearsal space.

(Btw, that Music Man Good Charlotte signature has been hanging there since they opened the store about 5 years ago :lol:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
What would I give to have a signed poster by John Petrucci himself? Man, I would have to have sex with him maybe >.>

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
How did your bass player stand so close to a bear and not get eaten? Praise Jebus! A miracle.

MrJack

Paha Arkkitehti
Reaction score
John Petrucci has again shown that he is the god of guitar tones. Me and a couple of friends went to the concert in Helsinki. Unfortunately we arrived a bit late and missed a good portion of Opeth's set, but at least we didn't miss them completely. Dream Theater's performance was, to sum it all up, awesome.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Petrucci has again shown that he is the god of guitar tones. Me and a couple of friends went to the concert in Helsinki. Unfortunately we arrived a bit late and missed a good portion of Opeth's set, but at least we didn't miss them completely. Dream Theater's performance was, to sum it all up, awesome.

Indeed, I saw them last year, best live sound I've ever experienced. Chunky bass, sweet highs, total clarity. Awesome in every way.

MrJack

Paha Arkkitehti
Reaction score
His lead tone was especially good during a solo in Hollow Years. He combined his distorted lead sound with the clean sound from the piezos. It was a nice "flubby" and smooth sound.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
His lead tone was especially good during a solo in Hollow Years. He combined his distorted lead sound with the clean sound from the piezos. It was a nice "flubby" and smooth sound.

I've been meaning to install piezo's in my main guitar just to try that :p

MrJack

Paha Arkkitehti
Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed that they hid JP's rack system behind the cabinets, but from what I managed to see I can draw the conclusion that it's about as big as one of the rack setups he had during the Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence era.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed that they hid JP's rack system behind the cabinets, but from what I managed to see I can draw the conclusion that it's about as big as one of the rack setups he had during the Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence era.

On the Chaos tour, his rack was about as big as two of him. There are some videos on the tube showing him with his current rack though, it may have gotten smaller...

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'd also punch your bassist for not having time for a gig, yet having time for a meet and greet

Well the idea was that in order to do the gig we'd need some extra rehearsals as we've had somewhat of a break during the last few months. And he didn't really have the time for that right now because of schoolwork, and he lives pretty far from our rehearsal space.

Not that I'd need an excuse to punch him though :lol:

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
You need a bassist to do the show? :scratch:

I jest:fawk:I jest

Should of asked petrucci to lend you a hand :lol:

Origins

Not banned
Reaction score

I was on the left side at the seats, so I could see his rack (but I couldn´t really see Mike Portnoy because of the f#cking huge screen on the side :wallbash:) and yeah, it was big :)
The show was really impressive. I was with couple of friends who saw them few times before and it was definitely the best one for them.
Now I´m completely in love with John Petrucci´s tone!! :wub:

EDIT: Oh and they partly played the demo version of Hollow Years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1d6kGlGTc

MrJack

Paha Arkkitehti
Reaction score
I was on the left side at the seats, so I could see his rack (but I couldn´t really see Mike Portnoy because of the f#cking huge screen on the side :wallbash:) and yeah, it was big :)
The show was really impressive. I was with couple of friends who saw them few times before and it was definitely the best one for them.
Now I´m completely in love with John Petrucci´s tone!! :wub:

EDIT: Oh and they partly played the demo version of Hollow Years

I was out on the "field" (kenttäpaikka), right about where that camera was pointing. Last time Dream Theater was in Finland with Symphony X, I was lucky enough to be at the very front by the railing that separated the crowd from the stage. Me and my friend were just in front of John Myung, but then again we had arrived in time unlike this year.

')