Is a Schecter Blackjack C7 good

• Thread starter ChrisPcritter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going this weekend to look at one and don't know much about them or what they are worth. He wants $300 with a hardshell case. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..Chris

Pics added on page 3. It needed a lot of cleaning and only had one ding..

Attachments

• C7a.jpg
    C7a.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 102

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
300 with a case is a good deal, they run for 599 brand new. I played the 6 string version, it's a great guitar but I do want to buy the 7 string version eventually. It comes with seymour duncan pickups (JB and Jazz I think) unless he changed them out.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
the blackjacks have a 59 in the neck.

Buy that thing!!!!

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Blackjacks are an absolute steal for the money new, let alone used. The sound is rich and full, kinda like a 7 string Les Paul. I'd definitely recommend it.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm going this weekend to look at one and don't know much about them or what they are worth. He wants $300 with a hardshell case. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..Chris

$300 cased? Do it. The Blackjack is, in my opinion, the best buy on the market these days, even new. And that's an AWESOME used price.

I'm half keeping my eyes open for another one, in fact - route the thing for a vintage-style two-point trem, and it'd kick ass. :wub:

The LP analogy is close, but with the longer scale length it's actually a bit brighter and snappier. I don't generally go for the LP sound, but I seriously dig the Blackjack's tone. :yesway:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Is fret access as horrible as they say it is? Blackjack's are a bit easier to find than Hellraisers around here, but I'd rather get the Hellraiser just for the fret access.

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
the fret access isnt too bad. my hands are quite big and the horn gets in the way for me, amazing sounding guitar though.
get it,

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Les Paul analogy is the closest I can think of right now, but I agree it's brighter and snappier, but works well with a dark amp tone. I'd say sod the vintage trem Drew, Kahler it instead ;)

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
How the hell would you fit a vintage trem or Kahler?
Surely you would need to alter the neck angle (hard if its a set neck like i think it is) and replace the pickup rings for low profile ones?
Shout at me if i'm wrong :lol:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
How the hell would you fit a vintage trem or Kahler?
Surely you would need to alter the neck angle (hard if its a set neck like i think it is) and replace the pickup rings for low profile ones?
Shout at me if i'm wrong :lol:

They make both for 7's as well, the carved top and flat top ones.

wretchedspawn

Conquering theThrone
Reaction score
I own the C-7 Blackjack. I can tell you it is an awesome feeling and sounding guitar. The 23-24 fret access is a little akward at first but I overcame it in about a week. And since I got mine new for $600, $300 w/ case is awesome. Definintely grab it dude.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Les Paul analogy is the closest I can think of right now, but I agree it's brighter and snappier, but works well with a dark amp tone. I'd say sod the vintage trem Drew, Kahler it instead ;)

Oh, but the Hipshot 7-string trem is so sexy though. :wub:

Though, actually, stitch raises a good point - I might need to go the recessed OFR route just to get bridge height right. :shrug: I've been meaning to check out a "real" Floyd for a while anyway. Grab a Blackjack C7 for $3-400 (I paid 4 for mine), and another $300 or so for the trem plus 1-200 for routing, and it's still a hell of a deal. :yesway:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
For $300?? Grab that sucker immediately. You'll NEVER get a better seven for that price. I owned one for awhile and liked it. Can't quite remember why I sold it, but it wasn't my smartest move.

They sound and play great, once you get used to the extended scale.

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I'd agree that I'd like it better with a trem but it'd have to be a lopro edge 7 preferably with the U bar if I was spending money to customize it..
I'm hoping the thicker neck (than my ibby 7's) won't be a problem..

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't even bother with the trem, though. Get the BJ AND a C7w/Floyd. Oh, hell yes.

I sold my BJ and I miss it. :( I love that longer scale length. It's a little easier for chording.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
for 300$ w/ case, i'd pick it up no matter what. but play it to see if it whets your whistle. it should though, i mean its a schecter! :p

Latest posts

')