Is B.C. RIch going back to USA Production Models?

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Check this-

USA Gunslinger Guitars - B.C. Rich

Apparently it has a neck made by Grover Jackson and is the only USA production model right now. Looks like they are going to do what Jackson does and have their Custom Shop Make Some USA Models. Hopefully a USA Stealth in the Future......:cool:

What do you guys think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
This looks simple but pretty good, I'm surprised. I'm not the BC Rich type, I wanted a Warlock when I was 14, listening to Sepultura but that's about it :lol: I wouldn't spit on a USA Chuck Schuldiner Stealth tho :D

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Why does it say it has a 24 fret maple board when it only has 22 frets? :lol:

I would like this. American companies need to wake up and stop thinking they can charge absurd amounts of money for a guitar that is USA made - and I'm not saying B.C. Rich do that. They need to just have standard models. Bolt-on, ebony boards, original floyd rose (if it has a floyd), dimarzio pickups etc...

like Erik's ironbird:

l_a56ede6d255f478e9094f53ff4ef4128.jpg

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
"American companies need to wake up and stop thinking they can charge absurd amounts of money for a guitar that is USA made"
What would you consider a fair price for a USA-made, then?

snowblind56

Reaction score
These are around $2200. That is a lot of coin, but not out of line with what other high level USA guitars are at. That's USA Soloist price. It's cheaper than a Jem or a J-Custom. Some Fenders are at that price point. It's kind of a bare bones guitar at that price, but not completely out of line.

If I wanted to buy one, I would want a color matched or at least black headstock. Natural just doesn't look right. Also, I think the single slanted bridge HB screams 80's Gunslinger rather than an H-H configuration.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I like the idea but at that price I'd buy an SL2H. The USA Production Charvels of a couple years ago had essentially the same specs for less than half that price and didn't sell well enough to stay in production, I don't see how these will fare better.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
USA Riches are usually killer but the prices on these (being bolt on necks too) are too steep. Your better off just trying to score an old used USA BC Rich. This reminds me alot of what Charvel has been doing , trying to cash in on the nostalgia of the older 80's guitars.

Although I guess you could really kinda point the finger at Fender for their Relics, and now other companies are jumping on the band wagon. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of alot of these older guitars , I just think they are priced too high.

I also agree with you guys the maple headstock doesn't look as good as the old black ones.

The metallic purple looks great though.

BC RICH USA Gunslinger Electric Guitar Purple Awesome! - eBay (item 330537734014 end time Apr-02-11 10:41:52 PDT)
BC RICH USA Gunslinger Electric Guitar Cobalt Blue - eBay (item 380321575549 end time Apr-02-11 17:27:28 PDT)
BC RICH USA Gunslinger Electric Guitar Metallic Orange - eBay (item 330537869202 end time Apr-02-11 17:27:25 PDT)

snowblind56

Reaction score
I like the idea but at that price I'd buy an SL2H. The USA Production Charvels of a couple years ago had essentially the same specs for less than half that price and didn't sell well enough to stay in production, I don't see how these will fare better.

They have the Gunslinger Retro's that you can pick up for around $500 that have better colors, in my opinion. Granted, these are a hell of a lot better of a guitar, but you hit the nail on the head. The Charvel Pro-Mods were basically the same guitar at $899 and didn't really sell well.

snowblind56

Reaction score
But it's made in America, I think that keeping things in the good U.S. of A. is worth a few thousand dollars more.

I think part of the price tag is that it is "Grover Jackson" made. That is why the price is so high, same with putting a Mike Learn paint job on them.

It's the same thing as the EVH Art Series guitars. They were the same thing as the $899 Charvel Pro-Mods, but since EVH's name and paint scheme were attached to them, they were $2200, not $900.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
This would have a leg up if it actually had 24 frets, but I'd rather a Charvel.

Dvaienat

Reaction score
I hope they do some USA production Speed and JR.V models, with Widow or Beast headstocks.. I'd definitely buy one of those.

Reaction score
What would you consider a fair price for a USA-made, then?

I would love to see the costs of materials + labor + profit margin from a foreign made guitar and a USA made guitar from the same company. It would be too easy for me to say $500 without knowing all the costs involved.

')