Is Black Ops 2 in your future?

• Thread starter rawrkunjrawr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
This game's market nowadays is just normal people(non gamers) looking to hit it up with their bros and frag a few people.

It has it's place in the world. What gets me is all the "hardcore gamers" complaining about it year after year. Saying "X developer made an innovative game this year" isn't going to stop Football Joe from buying the game with an Xbox Live subscription to have a little fun in between his other life activities.

Buying it for mindless fun is pretty normal actually. I would be picking this one up if I still had a decent internet connection... maybe next year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Compton

Reaction score
I quit playing cod before mw3 came out cause I got bored, so i'm sure ill enjoy playing this one. I do enjoy reading about how people that play cod everyday since release say its the same game, what the fuck do you expect?

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Can't wait to pick up Black Ops Tuesday after work. It's really going to be like 2 games for the price of one with the revamped zombie modes.

I don't understand why so many people complain about the COD games being just like the last. What game isn't? The same can be said for almost anything. "Did you guys get the new iPod/iPhone, COD, 14 string guitar, grilled cheese, etc? You're dumb. It only has a wider screen and the same cheese."

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
I would actually like to get this now only for the zombie mode but I have nobody to play with. :(

Bobo

Reaction score
<<< In it for the brainless fun lol. It looks like this COD will have less BS than past COD's, hope I'm right there. I want MP to be fast, quick twitch, with a higher skill gap...and it looks like there's signs pointing to that too. I know I'll find something to complain about in MP, it wouldn't be COD without some complaints lol. But the good thing about Treyarch's games is they give you something to fall back on when you've had enough of MP, zombies.

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
Loving the game so far, multiplayer seems really well balanced. Thus far I can't see one gun that overpowers any other.
Unless I'm trying to rush someone with my R870 and they have an assault rifle of sorts, but then again, I can't really expect to win that gun fight. I guess that's what I get for running around with the shotty...
I'm loving the pick 10 system, really adds a new flavor to the game. It really makes you decide what you need, and what you don't need, what will benefit you best with the primary you've chosen, and what would be completely worthless.
My only real gripe are the spawns, I'll finally get the flank on the enemy, see one guy aim down my sights about to shoot, and then BANG. Three guys just spawned behind me :scream:
As far as campaign goes I'm a few missions in to it, I usually beat the campaign first but I just couldn't wait and had to try out multiplayer. The story definitely seems to be well fleshed out, for a Call of Duty game. Those damn Strike Force missions are annoying though, good thing you don't need to beat them to advance in the campaign, otherwise I'd never finish it.
In general though, the game is great, excellent job Treyarch! :hbang:

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I got it not expecting too much, mostly just for the zombies. It's actually pretty good so far. There are definitely flaws in the campaign, like the AI, and the gameplay/experience doesn't feel as fluid as MW1/2, but it's really different than any other Call of Duty game. Apparently the choices you make in this affect the outcome, and there are a bunch of different endings. That and choosing a loadout before each mission are awesome. It may not be perfect, but at least they're actually taking some gambles and trying different things. I like how it's not just blatant military propaganda like the Modern Warfares :lol:

Zombies is decent. It's cool how they're expanding it, and gives you a lot to do, but I still like the simplicity of the original Nazi Zombies. The new maps and modes are still fun, and if they release the old maps as DLC again I'll be happy.

Haven't played online yet, I think I wanna stick out the campaign first. But I'm stoked about the changes they made. The Create a Class lets you like mix and match things. There's something called Pick 10 where you can pick 10 of anything - you can ditch your secondary gun for more perks, lose throwables for more weapon attachments, stuff like that. And Prestiging doesn't reset your weapon and perk stats, it opens up more unlocks. = awesome :yesway:

TL;DR: Black Ops II actually gives me hope for the CoD franchise. First time I've been legitimately excited since MW1 and Nazi Zombies.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Got it after telling myself I wouldn't as I was extremely let down by MW3, so far I like it, its more balanced and definitely more fluid as far as online play goes. We'll see how good some of these guns are that I get at higher levels but so far even the first AR in the game is solid and has been serving me well. One day in level 15 ill probably hit prestige in about a week since ill be off school for thanksgiving haha

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
Weapon stats for anyone who cares about that sort of stuff,
4psXJ.png

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Against all my initial thoughts, i quite like this game. The weapons seem refreshing and the balance is pretty good. I do think the pistols are absolutley deadly now, many times I've pistoled people across the map with ease, almosty easier than using an AR or SMG.

Favourite guns?

Scar-h, HAMR, triple burst pistol, FAL (with select fire) and the vector for running around like a maddy. :lol:

Also i have to praise the sound on this game, it is truely fantastic compared to the original black ops. It seems they've taken the criticism and dealt with it. The enviroment sounds fantastic on my surround sound speakers (apart from the overly loud Hunter Killer announcer).

Another bonus is the zombies mode which is now customizable and has some of the old BLOPS 1 weapons. Awesome. :D. Also good is the "Local" or "custom" multiplayer games where you can set up bots and use all the weapons/attatchments as you desire. They've even stuck in a hardcore mode against the bots for offline play, that's me happy for when my internet goes down (again :D).

My only gripes are that the UAV's are annoying as shit since Ghost was put at the end of the unlock tree. Everytime a UAV comes out to play i get shot in the back within a few seconds and it's really annoying. Lightning strike seems to see everyone regardless of using Blind Eye usually resulting in a firey and explosive death. Also the fact that there isn't a revolver in the multiplayer that shoots pistol bullets. The crazy magnum thing shoots shotgun shells so it has almost zero range. :(

Rank 42 as of now but i'm kind of addicted already. :lol:

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
up to level 31 as of tonight, the swat 556 is by far the best gun i've used since the m16 in cod4. I'm already 8/10 of the way to having gold camo for it with slightly over 550 kills with it alone.

also combat knife as a secondary weapon is badass although the knife seems to have some issues treyarch might want to check out where it doesnt work on prone people or jumping enemies

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I bought this last week, but have been busy with Diablo III, school, and now my new guitar that I haven't gotten to play more than five minutes of BOII. But I tried the zombie mode and it was pretty fun. I imagine that once school is out and I have more time to myself, I'll be able to really let loose with it.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
I'll probably pick it up this week when I get paid, the conundrum I'm in is that my roomies have it on xbox and I want to play with them, but my bestie has it on PS3 so I want to play with him too. Both parties are harping on at me to get it for competing platforms. I'm not buying this game twice, just no.

Halp?

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
I have just built a boss gaming machine, but I keep coming back to the same old question. Would I playing with higher graphic detail (PC) or on a massive screen (my consoles are hooked up to my 47" LCD)?

It usually ends up being a screen decision, I really need to figure out how I can fit a 34" TV into my desk setup.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Still no. Im gonna get Assassin's Creed III first. BF3 satisfies all my FPS needs for now.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
well i love blops, hated mw3 and i am really digging blops2 at the moment. i haven't finished the campaign yet as i have just been playing online. i'm only level 25 but am enjoying it. all the guns seem well balanced, except for the stupidly overpowered snipers that keep quick-scoping me :lol:
atm i'm using the mp7 for small maps and the fal for large maps. the fal is very powerfull, more so than in blops

Latest posts

')