Is it just me or is this an extortionate price for a 7420?

• Thread starter Mattayus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I am picking hairs here but saying "Origin: Custom shop California" strikes me as a really off way of trying to convince someone that this guitar is not stock and worth 700 pounds.

And no, 700 is too much,. I was looking at buying a 7420 or 7620 and getting one from teh US and shipping it to Europe is cheaper than 700 Sterling.

død

Reaction score
Bridge: Ibanez Edge Licenced Floyd Rose

Scale: 4/4

Power: Active (internal battery)
I need to know what kind of crack this dude is smoking, because I want some!

Reaction score
Just another stupid, ignorant fucker trying to rip people off on Ebay. And it appears its working, theres like 7 bids already.

Hes pretty much insinuating that he personally just walked down to the LACS shop, and bought this. First off, you cant just walk into the LACS shop and buy a guitar, unless your endorsed or have good connections. Secondly, its crazy to think that the LACS shop would actually waste their time building a guitar that Ibanez has already mass produced for many years. RG7420's arent rare at all, theres tons of them floating around. And i wouldnt pay a penny over $400 for one, and thats if its in dead mint condition.

I wish Ebay would add a comment section to the bottom of every ebay listing. He'd get put in his place real fast.

Bobby

Reaction score
I believe I see a paint chip by the strap button?

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
ummm, am i the only one that caught this? he says he put a blaze and air norton in the guitar then 4 sentences later says "This guitar has active pickups for maximum output.":scratch: then he goes on to say "This particular model stopped production in 1999 and i was lucky enough to find it" according to jemsite and my bluebook of guitars this was in "production" from 2000-2002. and lastly if this guitar inparticular is a 1999 model (which if im not mistaken where 2000 with 1999 7620 necks) what the hell was it doing in the custom shop till 6 months ago (thats 10 years):ugh:

oh yeah, what the hell does this mean?

Scale: 4/4

død

Reaction score
oh yeah, what the hell does this mean?

[/SIZE][/FONT]Scale: 4/4

It probably means that the neck is "full scale", instead of the shorter children scale, which is knowns as 3/4.

It's fucking retarded.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I see a flashy motorbike in the driveway. seller is probably a complete tool.

it does look in nice condition and all, but making loads of BS up to justify selling it for £700? whoever has bid on that guitar must actually think it's worth it :lol:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Scale: 1:1 :lol:

I'm guessing he's saying it's a full-size guitar and not a "3/4 scale" kid's guitar.

dsm3sx

Rise and Fall
Reaction score
there was a near mint 7420 on craigslist for $200 a few days ago. Same color too....

This is clearly a rip off.

And since when are DiMarzio blaze's and Air nortons active?:nuts:
And don't the 7420's have a TRS-II? (I'm surprised he didn't claim piezos)

Scale: 4/4????????????????
I don't think this guy knows the difference between musical time Scale measurements and Scale length measurements....

THIS IS QUITE A STORY HE HAS CONJURED UP....

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
there was a near mint 7420 on craigslist for $200 a few days ago. Same color too....

I don't think this guy knows the difference between musical time Scale measurements and Scale length measurements....

thats a lo-pro edge 7 trem. so his claims for lacs are prolly due to the trem swap.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score

TRS7, which is actually a pretty big upgrade over a TRSII, imo.

Neil

Reaction score
I saw this, this morning as I was scanning ebay, I couldnt help but laugh at him saying there were dimarzios and batteries in it lol

Crazy price too.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the whole 9v battery with passive pickups is baffling the shit out of me :scratch:

BTW, 4/4 is just one of the things eBay brings up under the "more details" section when you're filling out the auction. It's one answer out of a possible four under "scale". I always put 4/4 too, because it's not 1/4, 2/4, or 3/4, so in all fairness the guy's right on that part at least :lol:

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
I guess we all missed it when the LACS moved from Hollywood to Orange County and opened it's doors to the public, only to sell old production model guitars.

In all fairness to the guy (he is a tool), this very well may have been a C level endorsee model guitar, they are all factory guitars, with mods (such as the upgraded trem) done by the LACS. That's how my 7620 is, matte black finish with EMG's courtesy of LACS.

on the other hand, dude is full of shit.

')