Is it worth it to ship an agile to australia?

• Thread starter bondical
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kharem

Reaction score
well the least we can hope for is a 27 inch scale, non sig model for the esp 2013 line, might be a tad cheaper :/
That would actually be awesome, some of the dudes at bmusic might know about something coming, the fact that they have a baritone viper 6 and that one clump of viper 7 baritones (that are pretty much impossible to get outside of Japan) as the only non sig baritones is kinda annoying. That I know of at least.

Experimorph

Reaction score
Somewhat related: I was on the verge of having an Agile Septor 828 RN shipped to Finland. I already had, and still have an Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 830 CP MN, which I had bought used but mint from someone, and had found it to be very reliable - and the Cepheus stock pickups are better than I expected. I just wanted a new eighter beside the 830 because I find the high register strings slightly too tense, and I barely ever need the 30 inch scale for the low register, as I usually tune the low string to G instead of lower pitches. I also prefer rosewood fingerboards to maple. And the Septor in Purple provides me an endless erection.

However, I backed off and ordered an RGA8 in White from Thomann. The lack of insurance just trashed the deal. Plus, I got a D Activator 8 and a PAF 8 for the RGA.

GAS is killing my butt (pun intended), though. Now I'm drooling over the Septor again, thinking of selling the Intrepid and taking the chance. I believe I'd find the 28 inch just perfect for me.

Agile Septor 828 RN Tribal Purple - the guitar in question.

Reaction score
Somewhat related: I was on the verge of having an Agile Septor 828 RN shipped to Finland. I already had, and still have an Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 830 CP MN, which I had bought used but mint from someone, and had found it to be very reliable - and the Cepheus stock pickups are better than I expected. I just wanted a new eighter beside the 830 because I find the high register strings slightly too tense, and I barely ever need the 30 inch scale for the low register, as I usually tune the low string to G instead of lower pitches. I also prefer rosewood fingerboards to maple. And the Septor in Purple provides me an endless erection.

However, I backed off and ordered an RGA8 in White from Thomann. The lack of insurance just trashed the deal. Plus, I got a D Activator 8 and a PAF 8 for the RGA.

GAS is killing my butt (pun intended), though. Now I'm drooling over the Septor again, thinking of selling the Intrepid and taking the chance. I believe I'd find the 28 inch just perfect for me.

Agile Septor 828 RN Tribal Purple - the guitar in question.

Honestly, Avoid because of the lack of insurance to you. But, if you have family or a really close friend inside the U.S. who can receive the guitar and inspect it before shipping it to you, so that it can be insured and QC'd, and that way a dud could be returned, it might be worth it.

Experimorph

Reaction score
Honestly, Avoid because of the lack of insurance to you. But, if you have family or a really close friend inside the U.S. who can receive the guitar and inspect it before shipping it to you, so that it can be insured and QC'd, and that way a dud could be returned, it might be worth it.
I'd definitely do that if I did, but unfortunately don't. I guess I'll try to stick to what I've got for the time being, I mean the two that I have now are wonderful guitars. Besides, shipping and customs add some 300 bucks to the total.

Adam Partridge

Cheese toucher
Reaction score
You drop your third string to F#? I agree about the scale length. I wasn't completely satisfied with E1 on my Intrepid 828, but I only went up to .080.

Yeah before i discovered 7 & 8s i played a baritone 6 tuned to B so the F# means i can play my old classics easier, also i'm quite fond of sus2 chords & pulloffs to open strings...

I concur, i think 30" would be perfect for E1 but not necessarily all the other strings. My next 8 will be multiscale methinks.

Damo707

Ibaninja
Reaction score
I shipped one to qld a couple of years ago, no problems at all, shipped fast too. Buying the case is manditory so factor that into the price, it was only 50$ back then and a well made case.
I ended up selling that guitar because the scale was too long for my short fingers. Sounded great though.

Koloss85

The Doomslayer
Reaction score
For the quality alone, I still say atleast look into the sc-608b. I have one and I tune to e1. I agree and wish the scale length was a little longer but I use a .90 circle k and its more than useable; its really good. 10's set for the other strings. Though it may be more expensive for you, IMO you're taking more of a chance on the agile and rga8. Agile seems to be 50/50 and the problems with the rga8 are well documented here. Also, you can get by with the emg 808s in the ltd especially over the stock ibanez pickups. Or even keep em with the 18v mod; though I swapped mine with dimarzio paf and da8 neck pick up in the bridge.
I'm just suggesting thoroughly analyze your options.

bondical

Reaction score
all good guys, im gonna grab a rg8. they seem pretty good and is half the price of the rga8 so i can mod the absolute crap out of it

Latest posts

')