Is jemsite pissy?

• Thread starter sevenstringdeath
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenstringdeath

death metal guru!
Reaction score
i was browsing jemsite and i guess they suspend you for a week or two for posting auction links, seems like the guys here dont really give two shits.
any reason for that?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jemsite is MUCH more uptight than ss.org. It's one of the reasons I don't post over there much anymore, as it's just freaking annoying.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
The reasoning behind it, if I remember correctly, is they have sponsors that sell instruments and the auction links are competitive with them.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Jemsite is MUCH more uptight than ss.org. It's one of the reasons I don't post over there much anymore, as it's just freaking annoying.

Yeah, I have a lot more fun here. It's a weird vibe there.

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I was going to say something here, but decided against it.
A 26,749-page post would probably break the internet.
:D

Ryan

Reaction score
ss.org > jemsite forum

@Kevan - Be careful, Rich Harris might slide down your chimney and cut you. :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The reasoning behind it, if I remember correctly, is they have sponsors that sell instruments and the auction links are competitive with them.

Yeah, it's bullshit logic. They blank ALL commercial site names pretty much. Like it hurts Rich from IbanezRules if I post a link that zzounds has a good price on something :nuts:

(Not that I have anything against Rich, he was just an arbitrary example that sprang to mind of one of the sponsors on Jemsite)

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
ss.org > jemsite forum

@Kevan - Be careful, Rich Harris might slide down your chimney and cut you. :lol:
Nah...Rich and I are cool. No problems. Differences, but nothing major.

Now, the owner of Jemsite....well....that's a whole other story. There are a few veterans here that caught some of that as it happened.
Talk about shock and awe. :D

EDIT-
I'm pretty sure "www.tremol-no.com" is blocked over there too....and it's not competing with ANY vendors.
Remember: it's not personal.
:)

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Hey! don't bash Jemsite!

They are really informative, and me personally, I don't cuss that much so it doesn't effect me.

The people are really cool there, even to noobs. (It's wierd being a noob here)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm not a big Jem fan...so I've only gone there like twice.

Paul Warren

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's a fine place - you can find problems with any web forum out there. I've met lots of cool guys through there who I've ended up doing work with and am currently working on a cd project with a fellow Jemsiter. I wouldn't run ads there if I thought there was something wrong with it. :)

paul

sevenstringdeath

death metal guru!
Reaction score
haha, they dont allow people to say curse words either?!

Nah...Rich and I are cool. No problems. Differences, but nothing major.

Now, the owner of Jemsite....well....that's a whole other story. There are a few veterans here that caught some of that as it happened.
Talk about shock and awe. :D

EDIT-
I'm pretty sure "www.tremol-no.com" is blocked over there too....and it's not competing with ANY vendors.
Remember: it's not personal.
:)

care to elaborate?

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was a member of jemsite before ss.org, and I have no idea how I survived over there. Because, before I came here, I didn't know what a "picstory" was. The only picstories I see over there, are by members from here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')