Is Mick Thomson (Slipknot) with Jackson now?

• Thread starter p88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
This
KV2008.jpg

HOLY SH*T!

Thats so much bigger than a King V lol. i am 6'3 so i guess this would be great for me.

Hopefully he puts a DR into production. One thing is fr sure, he is big enough to have a X, Pro, AND USA model so that we wont get skunked like on the Juggernaut.

RLG167

Reaction score
I thought I saw a pic somewhere of him playing a black DR on this tour, that's awesome! I haven't played Jackson in a while, but I'll have to give that one a try because RRV and KV look and feel small when I play them. (I'm 6ft). If anyone could find that pic that would be cool...

manu80

Reaction score
Chris Broderick back in the day said it was hard for Ibanez to make compromises on signatures guitar. And he finally got what he wanted at Jackson . So maybe it's the same for Mick Thomson..

p88

Reaction score
Congrats to Mick, Jackson and Mike Taft!

yup! there's your link. im sure most people know this, but mike taft used to be at ibanez. so i guess he probably helped initiated the conversation to switch over. (i imagine switching brands is made all the more easier when there is already someone there who knows your preferences really well).

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
HOLY SH*T!

Thats so much bigger than a King V lol. i am 6'3 so i guess this would be great for me.

If you ever wanted to try a Double Rhoads, the ESP V is supposed to be similar. It's an oversized V, but I'm not sure if it's as big as the Double Rhoads. Probably slightly smaller.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
Cool to see Mick using pointy guitars again. I was into Slipknot during his B.C. Rich days, so his Ibanez sig always looked kind of 'wrong' to me even though he's been playing it for longer than his old warlocks. I guess he also had that weird-shaped Ibanez, but he mostly stuck to playing his sig models I think. Correct me if I'm wrong...if I'm being honest I haven't really followed the band very closely for about a decade now.

Re: his size, not to be inconsiderate, but that pic with the V really shows how much weight he's put on over the years. He always seemed massively built, but he looks less muscular now and more 'huge' in general. Quarterback to linebacker or something, I'm not sure :lol: Combined with his mask barely covering his face anymore, it just adds to the perception of his largeness. Calling him ogre-sized is not far off!

TGOD

The Wiz
Reaction score
Re: his size, not to be inconsiderate, but that pic with the V really shows how much weight he's put on over the years. He always seemed massively built, but he looks less muscular now and more 'huge' in general. Quarterback to linebacker or something, I'm not sure :lol: Combined with his mask barely covering his face anymore, it just adds to the perception of his largeness. Calling him ogre-sized is not far off!

It's probably attributed to his back injuries from prolonged headbanging (he REALLY banged his head back in the day) which now causes him to have regular and severe back pain. That's also the reason he never moves around on stage anymore, and more or less is either kind of just standing there, or just walks around.

I couldn't imagine him staying in much shape with that many years of strain on his spine.

p88

Reaction score
from the man him self (instagram @7mick7)

2a0c66b.jpg

"Now that I can talk about it - custom Jacksons! Double Rhoads V and Soloist. Proud to be a Jackson guy."

')