Is my amp the problem with my 7 string sound? plz help

• Thread starter cafadeon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cafadeon

\m/(..)\m/
Reaction score
hey ppl,
i just recently got my new agile ghost 7 guitar which i love , but theres just something about the way my amp sounds with it, it is my first guitar with active pickups so i know there needs to be adjustment in my rig, but it just seems like the sound is getting chocked and it sounds too bassy even with the bass on my amp on 1, i have a marshall dsl 100 jcm2000 and a marshall 1960v cab with vintage 30's so i have no idea whether my amp is not ideal for handling 7 string stuff or perhaps i need to get the right setting for actives, so in that case how would one go about setting an amp for active pickups rather than passive ones ?
thx in advance
\m/\m/ :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Not the best amp for this, but it should work. Try a TS style OD in front to boost it, it should tighten the tone a lot.

Seventary

Norwegian metalhead
Reaction score
Not the best amp for this, but it should work. Try a TS style OD in front to boost it, it should tighten the tone a lot.

I think this amp works well with actives an 7 string deepness. :) OT, there is a "Deep" switch on that amp. Is it on or off ?? If on try turning it off and roll the bass up for some more controllable bottom end.

cafadeon

\m/(..)\m/
Reaction score
I think this amp works well with actives an 7 string deepness. :) OT, there is a "Deep" switch on that amp. Is it on or off ?? If on try turning it off and roll the bass up for some more controllable bottom end.
I have a ibanez ts9dx and it really doesnt do much, adds a little more bite but not enough for what im looking for, i have the deep switch in too, perhaps an eq pedal will help :D

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
that set up should work fine with a 7.
try a 10 band EQ in the loop, make sure the battery is fresh in the guitar (you know all the usual stuff :) ) you should ba able to get it sounding
how you want.

')