Is Neural Releasing an SLO?

• Thread starter Necky379
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrWulf

Reaction score
Nah. They blacked out everything to make sure no one can see it or guess it. I'll just wait until it is released

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I reckon it’s either Revv or the Merrow Archtype that’s been the worst kept secret for a while now.

Masoo2

Reaction score
I reckon it’s either Revv or the Merrow Archtype that’s been the worst kept secret for a while now.
am I missing something here

didn't he not-so-subtly trash Neural plugins in one of his Down To The Merrow videos? and the Quad Cortex as well?

that's not to say I don't like his tone, it's just that it's already accessible in plugin format (EZMix 2 Guitar Gods 3, which actually sounds and feels great) and I haven't seen any signs suggesting Neural anything from him

Polyphia is the name I've heard dropped the most but I haven't seen anything from Tim or Scott to suggest that it's a possibility, they've always been very pro-Axe FX ever since moving on from POD Farm/XT and have recently been utilizing more and more of the interesting effects within the unit in their writing

MrWulf

Reaction score
Keith's tone is either 5150 (his old tone) or Revv Generator. Both have plenty of sims out there

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't waste my breath guessing. Neural Archetypes always purposedly have GUIs that have nothing to do with the amp they actually model.

For example:
- Their Plini clean tone shows a fuckton of tubes where it models a JC-120 (solid state...)
- The obvious EVH 5150 shown for the Gojira plugin was actually for the clean amp :lol:
- One of Corey Wongs amp is actually a Mixer channel strip.
- Nolly's JCM800 2023 looks more like a Victory than a Marshall (And the Victory looks like a PRS MT-15).

And so on...

Polyphia is the name I've heard dropped the most but I haven't seen anything from Tim or Scott to suggest that it's a possibility, they've always been very pro-Axe FX ever since moving on from POD Farm/XT and have recently been utilizing more and more of the interesting effects within the unit in their writing

I really hope it's not. I don't see the point of releasing a plugin to make your guitar sound like shit :shrug:

Last edited:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw one of the top comments on Insta was "archetype Tim Henson" and I almost puked. Guys can play but they have hands down the worst guitar tone of any band going, possibly in history

Yup. You can like that band or not, but you can't possibly like their guitar tone. When they pop up on a Spotify playlist I instantly recognize them for their shit tone even though I know nothing about their music. I've never heard a worst guitar tone than theirs.

Last edited:

Necky379

Reaction score
Worth the price for the novelty alone

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Whatever it is I'm going to enjoy the shit out of that 14-day free trial. :lol:

I remember when I was actually able to afford their plugins. Thanks co-vid. :(

')