Is Neural Releasing an SLO?

• Thread starter Necky379
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I heard it was an archetype: Jim Henson sig and includes a Fozz pedal and auto wahka wahka wahka pedal.

I’ll see myself out.

I have to admit that whenever I hear the name, it takes me a sec to get over the confusion over why muppets are getting guitar endorsements.

Richter

Reaction score
Please not another SLO amp sim. There are dozens of models already of what is the most overrated amp in history.
KYrrHop.png

Masoo2

Reaction score
Please not another SLO amp sim. There are dozens of models already of what is the most overrated amp in history.
rejected_his_message.jpg

I'll still give the trial a chance but bruh I've never once felt the desire to use an SLO sim, and I've had access to probably 15 of them over the years in various plugin suites.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
This is weird. I was trying out this plugin while watching some anime. I put down my guitar but forgot to shut down the plugin. When I paused the anime during the opening song I could hear it through the plugin (since I was running a preset that had some delay and reverb). :eek:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I mean, I know the amps being modeled in the artist suites are (usually) based on super common amps, but I thought it was cooler when they were working with (in a relative sense) more lesser-known companies to release models of lesser-common amps.

I guess the difference here is that this one actually has Mike Soldano's approval (I assume? :lol:), and is based on the MKII version.

brOla makes it sound juicy, tho

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Just damn. The only plug-in I’d buy day 1 would be a Pittbull and literally no one has ever done one. Didn’t really think this’d be it considering the blue light but I had hopes.

I wonder why that is ? VHT (Pitbull), Rivera (Knucklehead amps), Wizard, etc.. never seem to appear in a lot of modelers/vsts even though they are considered to be 'top tier' amps. I wonder if the companies just don't have access to one in order to profile it properly or if they just think there isn't enough demand for one to justify the cost of developing it.

laxu

Reaction score
I wonder why that is ? VHT (Pitbull), Rivera (Knucklehead amps), Wizard, etc.. never seem to appear in a lot of modelers/vsts even though they are considered to be 'top tier' amps. I wonder if the companies just don't have access to one in order to profile it properly or if they just think there isn't enough demand for one to justify the cost of developing it.

From NeuralDSP or ML Sound Lab perspective I can just say that those are incredibly rare amps in Finland. VHT used to be sold here like 10+ years ago but no Fryette dealers. Even Thomann doesn't stock much more than the Fryette Power Stations. i have played a Pitbull once and that's pretty much the only VHT amp I ever saw. In the same way Rivera is basically a nonexistent brand here and Wizard is rare everywhere.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
From NeuralDSP or ML Sound Lab perspective I can just say that those are incredibly rare amps in Finland. VHT used to be sold here like 10+ years ago but no Fryette dealers. Even Thomann doesn't stock much more than the Fryette Power Stations. i have played a Pitbull once and that's pretty much the only VHT amp I ever saw. In the same way Rivera is basically a nonexistent brand here and Wizard is rare everywhere.
hmm and yet they got a hold of an omega granophyre.... I think it's more that some companies are just way more willing to help them model the amps since the plugins are good exposure and extra revenue streams in an industry where there's narrowing margins and diminishing demand for big tube amps.

laxu

Reaction score
hmm and yet they got a hold of an omega granophyre.... I think it's more that some companies are just way more willing to help them model the amps since the plugins are good exposure and extra revenue streams in an industry where there's narrowing margins and diminishing demand for big tube amps.

Good point.

Matt08642

Reaction score
Neural really found a way to sell individual okayish models for hundreds of dollars eh? :lol: How have we gone this far backwards from having all the models in one affordable unit, to all the models in a barely affordable AFX, now over $100 I assume for yet another high gain modeler.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Yep. Soldano probs gets a little of money from this too, since they're licensing out their name and whatnot. They're also trying to increase their e-presence as well, sending out their amps for a lot of the popular youtube guys to check out.

')