Is Neural Releasing an SLO?

• Thread starter Necky379
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Sounds pretty good to me. Don’t need it at all though. With the other NDSP plugins I have it would be basically redundant. I’m pretty sure I could ballpark all the tones well enough. And that’s not even considering the FM3. Still...good sounding plugin from what I can tell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrWulf

Reaction score
Just damn. The only plug-in I’d buy day 1 would be a Pittbull and literally no one has ever done one. Didn’t really think this’d be it considering the blue light but I had hopes.

Yeah i'd like some more amps that doesnt get model too often like the Fryette Pitbull/Deliverance, Mark IIC+ or Splawn Quick Rod

Matt08642

Reaction score
An SLO? Wow. Can't wait for them to release the Peavey 5150. No one modelled those amps before!

*Releases 5150™ Block Letter© sim with Misha Mansoor® Precision Drive™* Only $199!

Everyone on YouTube instantly uploads a "Review"

upload_2021-3-19_20-46-27.png

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Neural really found a way to sell individual okayish models for hundreds of dollars eh? :lol: How have we gone this far backwards from having all the models in one affordable unit, to all the models in a barely affordable AFX, now over $100 I assume for yet another high gain modeler.

I’m ok with it. Each model isn’t particularly expensive and the quality is really good. So far these individual amps have all been boutique, very expensive amps. For example, if the Fortin Messhugah is *the* sound you want, then it’s a £4,000 amp or a £100 plugin which ends up sounding identical. And the ‘archetype’ series costs a bit more but each one is basically everything you need for that tone. If you want to do metal, the Nolly or Gojira suite has everything you need, including all the effects you’d reasonably want.

Yes they’ve released quite a few plug-ins, but they’re not tricking you into buying anything. They give a full 14 day trial with no limitations at all. That’s a sign of having really good faith in the product, and it means you can seriously demo it before making a purchase decision. I think that’s pretty fair and the value proposition is good IMO.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m ok with it. Each model isn’t particularly expensive and the quality is really good. So far these individual amps have all been boutique, very expensive amps. For example, if the Fortin Messhugah is *the* sound you want, then it’s a £4,000 amp or a £100 plugin which ends up sounding identical. And the ‘archetype’ series costs a bit more but each one is basically everything you need for that tone. If you want to do metal, the Nolly or Gojira suite has everything you need, including all the effects you’d reasonably want.

Yes they’ve released quite a few plug-ins, but they’re not tricking you into buying anything. They give a full 14 day trial with no limitations at all. That’s a sign of having really good faith in the product, and it means you can seriously demo it before making a purchase decision. I think that’s pretty fair and the value proposition is good IMO.

That's cool and all, but until they don't release an unified framework to mix the content of their plugins they won't see a dime from me. I don't have anything against selling single amps, but not being able to mix and match their own stuff without loading multiple instances is just dumb. I stopped buying Mercuriall plugins for that very reason, and they won't catch me again.

It's a pain in the ass workflow-wise. What's the point of having digital amps if I can't save combined settings as presets? Sure, I could do it through my DAW loading an FX chain with the required plugins with their settings enabled/disabled, but we're not in 1998. :scratch:

Last edited:

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
New to Neural dsp....what does archetype plugin mean? What is difference to for example regular SLO plugin? Is it just that is based on artist tone?

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It actually sounds pretty good. I might give that demo a go.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
That's cool and all, but until they don't release an unified framework to mix the content of their plugins they won't see a dime from me. I don't have anything against selling single amps, but not being able to mix and match their own stuff without loading multiple instances is just dumb. I stopped buying Mercuriall plugins for that very reason, and they won't catch me again.

It's a pain in the ass workflow-wise. What's the point of having digital amps if I can't save combined settings as presets? Sure, I could do it through my DAW loading an FX chain with the required plugins with their settings enabled/disabled, but we're not in 1998. :scratch:

I agree. They should definitely have a platform where you could mix and match components from the various plugins you own.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like I heard someone say they were asked that, and they shot it down.

For them is more work, so they probably won't give a shit until the QC thing settles. Ola Englund asked for it in the SLO video so maybe that increases the number of requests.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Maybe a Neural Hub plug-in would reduce sales from return customers picking up every new sim if they can easily A/B it and decide against it.

nickgray

Reaction score
What's the point of having digital amps if I can't save combined settings as presets?

As long as they can keep selling them for $120-160 it's not going to happen :lol: When the sales will go down at some point, I reckon they'll do a combined package like Komplete with yearly upgrades. Maybe a subscription service too, subscriptions are pretty hot now.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
As long as they can keep selling them for $120-160 it's not going to happen :lol: When the sales will go down at some point, I reckon they'll do a combined package like Komplete with yearly upgrades. Maybe a subscription service too, subscriptions are pretty hot now.

Nah. When sales go down they just release another plugin.

laxu

Reaction score
Maybe a Neural Hub plug-in would reduce sales from return customers picking up every new sim if they can easily A/B it and decide against it.

You can already A/B them easily. I did not buy a single NeuralDSP plugin when they were on sale last year because they did not do anything I can't get of Helix Native or the ML Sound Lab plugins I already own.

If loading them in a DAW is a bit annoying and complicated, try a live VST host software like Cantabile 3, Gig Performer or Main Stage. They are meant more towards live use and I like using Cantabile 3 as a simple late night practice setup. I have a couple of presets saved with different plugin setups and just load one of those. The paid versions of Cantabile 3 offer even more features to play with.

MrWulf

Reaction score
I think this is probably one of the complete suites so far. Fortin/Granophyre has no time-based effects while Archetype is too scattershot. This is honestly probably the only suite I'd buy permanently (after I already sold everything I owned)

')