Is spaghetti better with or without meatballs?

• Thread starter Anders S
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I'm going to make spaghetti in 2 weeks for a potluck, and I need to know if people like meatballs or not.
I gave up eating red meat over a decade ago, but cannot turn down mozzarella and olive oil smothered pasta. Mushrooms and fennel seed might add some umami as an alternative to meatballs or sausage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
A whole thread about how shitty AI is and folks in here having a blast.
I thought that the impossible captcha blocked AI from the forum? That is opposed to the impossible burger blocking meat byproduct.
main350.png

Holy shit! With cultured meat being illegal in Florida, T-800s can never be produced there!

My first thought was AI but I don't care and I'm playing along because it's actually a decent topic and I'm hungry lol

Dishes like baked Ziti, baked rigatoni, chicken cacciatore over penne might be better for the AI potluck depending on how much the food budget is.

As far as meatballs, I like them but honestly can't think of the last time I had them with spaghetti. I used to make tons of them at the restaurant I worked at ages ago... I really liked them but had to make all of them so I didn't really want to get high my own supply and make more work for myself.

I'm happy with a good meat sauce, but meatballs are a welcome bonus.
View attachment 148016
Yas! Meatwad is # 1 in the hood, G!

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
But the meatball composition matters. No one wants a dense concrete meatball. No one wants a meatball that splinters into meat smithereens.
Professional chefs are constantly striving for the perfect middle ground between the loose Jackson Pollock meatball that's prone to dissolving and getting lost in the noodles and the firm but dry Art Deco meatball that looks wonderful but is less enjoyable to eat.

A little fun crossover action for our $yn+hetic friend...

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Pass. If meat needs to be in the sauce (I prefer arrabbiata or vodka sauce/both), I just cook up some ground beef and put some in.

Other than that, I'm not going through the trouble. My girlfriend and I typically just skip the beef unless we need to finish it up.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
Pass. If meat needs to be in the sauce (I prefer arrabbiata or vodka sauce/both), I just cook up some ground beef and put some in.

Other than that, I'm not going through the trouble. My girlfriend and I typically just skip the beef unless we need to finish it up.
Pasta a la Vodka is a classic Italian pasta dish, just in case anyone from Pennsylvania is tuning-in...

')