Is the angle of the bridge pickup normal?

• Thread starter Georgeclooney5150
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Georgeclooney5150

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just got a new ibanez with quantum pickups
20240603_182859.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Georgeclooney5150

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That will still work fine, but the typical angle would be the other direction. You can put foam under the pickup to help angle it the way you want.
Ok thanks just wondering if it will affect anything. Because I'm not liking the distorted tones.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably because the quantum pickups are just not great pickups. They make sound and are pickups and that is the best compliment I can give them. Quality of toan is subjective of course.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Lower the pickup a little and turn the knobs on your amp til you do like the sound. There is no wrong setting.

Georgeclooney5150

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I lowered the pickups and it improved the sound. I usually keep the pickups close to the strings but by lowering this one, that thin sound and some mud was removed.

Marked Man

Reaction score
I lowered the pickups and it improved the sound. I usually keep the pickups close to the strings but by lowering this one, that thin sound and some mud was removed.

EMGs benefit from being very close to the strings, but passives like a gap. :agreed:

Zhysick

Reaction score
Nah... EMGs can be closer because of the lower string pull due to being a low Z pickup but all sound better at the same distance you will set a passive pickup.

Classic rubish EMG 81 sound is when the pickup is almost touching the strings though. If that is your thing, go ahead then. To each its own!

Latest posts

')