Is there a delay pedal out there like this..?

• Thread starter Tapew0rm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tapew0rm

Reaction score
I'm looking for a delay pedal with a momentary switch and a tails/spillover setting. Anything out there like this? :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pearl_07

Reaction score
I believe TC's Flashback pedal also has an internal spillover switch.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Strymon El Capistan has a trails on mode if you hold bypass on startup, I assume their brigadeer does also. While they do not have momentary mode, you can hold the tap tempo for an infinite repeat (if not set to infinite) also. Thing to remember is most people are gaga about true bypass, you can't have trails and true bypass :lol:.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
The Hardwire Delay have a switch for spillover and is true bypass via relay.

rug

Reaction score
When you say momentary switch, are you meaning something that will "hold" what is currently being played indefinitely? I have the Eventide Time Factor (which has a hold feature and the ability to let something tail off) and it slays. You won't regret it.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I think he means a stab Rug. As in pedal only active while button depressed. What I would do is make a momentary loop pedal outside any normal pedal, leave the pedal on and step on my loop when required. It ofcourse would need a 'lock' mode too though.

Tapew0rm

Reaction score
I think he means a stab Rug. As in pedal only active while button depressed. What I would do is make a momentary loop pedal outside any normal pedal, leave the pedal on and step on my loop when required. It ofcourse would need a 'lock' mode too though.

That is exactly what I mean. I want to depress the switch while playing a pinch harmonic and have it trail off while I'm playing the next passage. I've had the small DL4 and the big DL4, both have trails but no momentary switch. I'm ok with a buffer as long as I can find what I'm looking for without having to rig up a delay plus an A/B switch and some funky cable arrangement. Still looking...

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
The simplest solution would be an AB/Y pedal with a momentary switch to momentarily route your signal to the delay (with trails!),

At the other end, a small mixer, or even just a Y cable (you might be able to get buy with just a cable, so try that first).

Your signal goes straight from the AB switcher to the Y cable, until you hit the momentary switch. At that point, it gets routed through the delay until you release it.

The signal which goes through the delay continues to delay and to be output to the Y cable, where it's combined with your direct signal.

Good luck!

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Another solution would be to take a pedal that has trails and a switch that is not electronic relay, and just replace the stomp it has, with a momentary switch. It makes the pedal a one trick pony though.

Explorer's idea is cool and sounds like it will actually work (unlike my previous :lol:)

Latest posts

')