Is there a guitar like this?

• Thread starter rbd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rbd

Is getting old
Reaction score
I can't find a production guitar like I wanted and custom is out of my budget. And I think it's nothing fancy, seems rather "normal" even, but it seems to not exist with a reasonable price tag.

- 7 string (duh...)
- transparent finish (least important)
- FR type bridge
- passive pu's
- not painted neck

I don't fancy RG's much, they're too square and pointy.
The S would e cool with some other looks.
I like the looks of Schecters but none has those specs.
I also like the looks of some LTD's but the cool looking ones don't have FR bridges and the ones that have are even more pointy than RG's.

So, anything I'm missing around the same price as these examples?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
What's your budget?

A used Carvin might be what you're looking for.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
The one that comes to mine is the Loomis, but it has active pickups.
Otherwise, there is no production model with these specs right now.
Some Ibanez have these specs, but if you don't like them...

rbd

Is getting old
Reaction score
since price may vary from place to place and I'm in Europe, budget would be similar to Loomis, blackjack, RG1527, ...

If I was sure I would get another 6er after the 7er, I'dd probably try one wuth EMG's but as my main guitar I'm not so sure. Sometimes I like to go for more mellow stuff...

Sacha

Reaction score
Relevant SPAM - the Caparison I am selling in the For Sale forum sounds a lot like that...:yesway:

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
I don't fancy RG's much, they're too square and pointy.
The S would e cool with some other looks.
I like the looks of Schecters but none has those specs.
I also like the looks of some LTD's but the cool looking ones don't have FR bridges and the ones that have are even more pointy than RG's.

are you planning on playing whatever guitar you end up buying or just looking at it... i would recommend some guitars for you, but chances are, you won't like the way they look :lol:.

ok, seriously, like already mentioned, a used carvin might be what you're after. just keep an eye out for one that has the specs (looks) you want.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
The Schecter A-7+ has a floyd type bridge, passive pups and unfinished neck, the finish is solid though. Other than that everything looks to be to your specs. They can usually be found on the 'bay for around $300-400, sometimes cheaper than that even, and I love my regular A-7. You may wanna change the pups though.

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd say go for a Carvin. A new RG1527 is like $900, and I paid just over $1000 for my Carvin (new).

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
try to find Ibanez S7420FMTW I think it's something that will fit yours wishes. :D

Good luck

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
Carvin would be a wise choice ... or you can always Order parts from Warmoth and build a custom for 1000.00

rbd

Is getting old
Reaction score
what I meant with the S looks was specific of the 7 string. Why does it have to be solid black? How boring is that? Can't a metal head have a nice looking guitar?

It's probably my 32 years of age, but although I'm into metal I don't wear tight black jeans with a black t-shirt of my favorite band, and as you may have guessed, not into"metal" looking guitars. And you don't even have to go to the Prestige range to have nicer looking ones...

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
what I meant with the S looks was specific of the 7 string. Why does it have to be solid black? How boring is that? Can't a metal head have a nice looking guitar?

Because Ibanez hates us :) but really, it would have been nice to know the reason why you didn't want a solid finish/weird shape guitar before that, it would have helped a lot!

But most $300-$700 sevens are gonna have a solid finish, that's just how it is right now. If you can do without the floyd, Schecters are great looking guitars for metal or non-metal heads alike. If you can spend the extra money for the floyd and a few more aesthetic appointments, get a carvin!

Latest posts

')