Is there a way to add -insert vst amp sim here- to playback if you bypass a pod

• Thread starter Larcher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
so my question is pretty straight forward, unfortunatly I've not found an answer so I'm hoping some people here would know. I've got an x3 and it sounds good but I've heard many other mixes with just impulses that sounded x1724857245 better. I've tried bypassing my pod and adding a vst but it didn't work or I just had no idea how, the only thing I tried was set the pod to bypass and add the vst to the fx chain in my daw but I was not expecting it to work, so if anyone knows what to do, let me know !

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

a1a2a3a4

Banned
Reaction score
Turn the amp sim off your pod.

I didn't really understand the question but try that it might work. If not come back here and let me know I will try to help you out a bit.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah I've bypassed it already, so all I'm hearing is the guitar without distortion, I want to play and hear myself play with a PouLin lecto (for example) or a Peavery Revalver, both are guitar amp sims... I'm not sure I can make it clearer :p

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Impulses are for cabs

They simulate a cabinet.

So turn the cab sim off... and read the Sticky on using Impulses

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
yeah I've bypassed it already, so all I'm hearing is the guitar without distortion:

sounds like you bypassed your guitar AMP and CAB bro.. you just want to bypass that CAB and leave the AMP on. how it do it on my podx3 is i hit the AMP button at the botton twice and you will see the amp n cab screen, hit the DOWN arrow once and it will highlight your CAB, use the far left small black knob and rotate it CLOCK-WISE untill you see "no cabinet". when you play your guitar its gonna sound like spanked ass, distortion should still be there cause the AMP is still on. Now with your DAW add your impulse loader and load the impulse you wanna use. i use cubase . so when i record is sounds like ass but on the play back i hear my podx3 amp with the impulse cab, hit me up if you need more help bro but this should do, good luck with it bro

Latest posts

')