Is this a good deal on an epiphone explorer 1984

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WolleK

Reaction score
No, too expensive.
Would never pay more than 300 for it, other explorerfrom epiphone (except some korina) will go for even less. Also the Epi 1984 has nothing to do with a real 84 in terms of specification, for example just compare the layout of the control knobs.

A example where you can find it cheaper

http://www.rareguitar.de/gitarren/e-gitarren/exoten/epiphone-explorer-1984

( A store where i have bought several used guitars, price is often around 50 bucks more expensive than the local used scene)

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
No, too expensive.
Would never pay more than 300 for it, other explorerfrom epiphone (except some korina) will go for even less. Also the Epi 1984 has nothing to do with a real 84 in terms of specification, for example just compare the layout of the control knobs.

A example where you can find it cheaper

! Epiphone Explorer 1984 ! |

( A store where i have bought several used guitars, price is often around 50 bucks more expensive than the local used scene)

I do know it's not a "real" 1984 in terms of layout and stuff but i don't really mind that tbh, i do like this layout better with the one vol, one tone. I also do know that the real 1984 has an alder body instead of mahogany but that's okay too as i do like mahogany guitars. I just really like the shape and i like EMG's.

Do you know if that shop ships to other countries in the EU?

WolleK

Reaction score
With the specification thing i just wanted to say that the *reissue* is just a standart epi explorer with emgs and without pickguard.

Don´t know, just ask them. But i think even with dhl it can me expensive (because explorer cases are huge... sold 2 month ago a ninja which has similar demensions to austria, cost around 65 euro), maybe driving will be cheaper (230 km from gouda to münster one way... so with my car it would cost less than 40 euro), also you can always go down on their prices. Or just find a cheap gothic epi (around 200 in germany) and upgrade them with EMG.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
With the specification thing i just wanted to say that the *reissue* is just a standart epi explorer with emgs and without pickguard.

Don´t know, just ask them. But i think even with dhl it can me expensive (because explorer cases are huge... sold 2 month ago a ninja which has similar demensions to austria, cost around 65 euro), maybe driving will be cheaper (230 km from gouda to münster one way... so with my car it would cost less than 40 euro), also you can always go down on their prices. Or just find a cheap gothic epi (around 200 in germany) and upgrade them with EMG.

Hmm well i'd still have to buy a case for it and i really don't have the time to drive there so i think it won't be that much cheaper (sending packages to people within the netherlands up to 10kg is usually around €7 around here.).

ah well, gonna sleep on it some time.

Latest posts

')