Is this a good deal on an Ibanez K7?

• Thread starter Shenaniganizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shenaniganizer

Reaction score
$400.

Don't know what year/generation it is.. my friend said he won it from a contest a while back. One of those sweepstakes that you sign up for.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
If it's a real K7, in working condition, that's an incredible deal. They usually go for around $1,000.

Shenaniganizer

Reaction score
I'm definitely NOT going to tell him that, then.

I asked him for a price, he said 4 bills.. It's the one with a Floyd, if that says anything. I think he said it's purple.

I'm excited. I need to gather the 400.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^
They all came with Lo-Pro Edge trems with the U-bar trem-arm (should have 2 holes), but there wasn't a purple K7.

Is he sure it isn't "Fire Spark" blue?

ibanez_k7.jpg

Shenaniganizer

Reaction score
It's probably dark blue.

Unless they had one purple one for that contest. I dunno.

Either way, $400 still seems great.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I would double-check to make sure it is legit, there were a lot of those chinese K7 counterfeits on eBay and if this dude snagged one and is trying to get rid of it now you might end up with a turd. :lol:

Shenaniganizer

Reaction score
Naw, he won it from a contest a long time ago. He's never used it, either. I'm sure it's legit.
If it isn't, how will I be able to tell?

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Naw, he won it from a contest a long time ago. He's never used it, either. I'm sure it's legit.
If it isn't, how will I be able to tell?

The K7 would have a Fuji-Jen Serial number, beginning with F, but those are easy to counterfeit. Most copies have a really terrible floyd rose, and will say "Jem JR" on the headstock, I have seen this on the fake K7's. Also, the whole thing will just be slightly "off". The headstocks especially. Also the necks on the fakes usually don't have the pearl binding.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I think the trem will be the biggest giveaway. Make sure it's a Lo-Pro Edge with 2 trem arm holes (for the U-bar). I haven't seen a fake that replicated that.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
buy the hell out of that!!! anytime you can mix "mahogany" with "RG", you're in for pure win.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
buy the shit outta that thing. if it were me an if its an actual K7 I would buy it for the $400 (maybe even talk em down a bit) sell it for the thousand bucks you know you could get for it or more an buy somethin new, maybe like an RGD or I dunno. either way you got a good deal. if its not a knock off. an even if it is you just got a 7 for $400 which in itself is not bad at all

Reaction score
either it's fake or the dude doesn't know how to use the internet because if he looked it up AT ALL he would see how much they go for new/used and i like my friends but i don't think i would be knocking off 600 dollars because we're buddies! BEWARE!

Shenaniganizer

Reaction score
He doesn't really care about the guitar, and he isn't concerned about money. The kid's not loaded, but, he definitely ain't poor.
I'll get pics if/when I buy it.. it's in his storage at the moment.

avenger

Reaction score
there is one of these on toronto kijiji for 250, pretty sure its a fake though, trem looks wrong.

')