Is this ESP Custom shop?

• Thread starter madcult
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

madcult

Reaction score
Hi guys

Tried to post this on ESP forum but that place is graveyard....

Any ESP experts here?

Got one of these on the way to me and I was wondering what are you thoughs. If it is a Custom shop or not....

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Might be, or maybe some Japanese Special/Signature model? I have a fleeting recollection that I've seen this (or similar) model before on the internets..

The normal models don't have the "ESP Custom Guitars" badge, at least not the Standard Eclipses I've owned.

madcult

Reaction score
Yeah I did owned Eclipse II as well. All I know that it was made around 2001 for a guitarist from US band called Systematic. I actually managed to trace him and even him couldn't tell me if it was made in custom shop or not.

All I know is that it is a one of a kind guitar. There is no other one like that (they made 8 for him each different colour).

It reminds me the Sugizo signature model

s8.jpg

crystallake

Reaction score
ESP Custom Guitars was used on every ESP years ago, until they moved to ESP Custom Shop, ESP Standard Series and ESP Signature Series.

When the ESP boards were active, a member had a black Eclipse exactly like that I believe, and it was from a band called Systematic, like you said. He found out from ESP directly, that it was in fact a Custom Shop model.

madcult

Reaction score
When the ESP boards were active, a member had a black Eclipse exactly like that I believe, and it was from a band called Systematic, like you said. He found out from ESP directly, that it was in fact a Custom Shop model.

Whish I could find that pic or info online. I don't get it what made ESP to completely destroy that forum. So much useful informations just vanished...And the new one....I can't even :nuts::wallbash:

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Custom shop. I don't think they put the custom stamp on production guitars since the early to mid 90s.

madcult

Reaction score
I did messaged ESP few days ago with all the details I have. No respond so far. That would be my first encounter with Esp CS guitar. Can't wait to compare it to standard ESP.

crystallake

Reaction score
Whish I could find that pic or info online. I don't get it what made ESP to completely destroy that forum. So much useful informations just vanished...And the new one....I can't even :nuts::wallbash:

Oh for sure. I was pretty active there years ago, and ended up doing some nice freelance projects for ESP and BMusic. Fun times!

I'm going to try and dig up that pic. I know it's out there, and I know the user that had it. Off to Google-land...

EDIT: LOL!! Looks like he still has the guitar. https://www.facebook.com/ben.robbins.501/videos/vb.1014415478/10203344267100127/?type=3&theater

jonsick

Reaction score
I have played both standard and custom shop ESPs.

I'd like to say the difference is astronomical and night and day. But it isn't really...

madcult

Reaction score

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I don't get it what made ESP to completely destroy that forum. So much useful informations just vanished...And the new one....I can't even :nuts::wallbash:

I don't think they executed improvements, but as someone who did use that forum from time to time I totally know why they destroyed it. There was some useful stuff, but the douche level was crazy high. If that was associated with my company I'd nuke it in a second too.
The only thing it was really good for was the SPAM thread IMO. Although I do have to admit it was funny watching a certain notorious guitar flipper get "Engage"d.

Big Rich

Reaction score
dont pay too much attention to those stamps, you could tell from the serial numbers. I have ESP custom shop models that have the signature series stamps on them but the serial numbers indicate that they were built in their "sado" custom shop

That most likely was built in a custom shop, but the serial number is an older one that really doesnt show which shop. Models like that which are variations on their production lines are most likely custom builds or are built in small batches.

Ive seen different versions of that guitar before but have never seen single pickup ones in that color. Id say that it was deff a custom build.

Latest posts

')