ISIS Releases video of Jordanian pilot being burned alive

• Thread starter QuantumCybin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
i won't post the link here, as a quick Google will pull up the video, but it's pretty horrific. I've seen my fair share of the beheading videos and the like that have surfaced from other terrorist groups, but this one is particularly scary, mostly due to the production done on it and how they intended for this burning to symbolize the airstrikes dropped on ISIS by Jordan. It's just crazy; it's intended as a recruitment video as well. What the hell is wrong with people?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skyblue

Reaction score
I refuse to watch and share their, and any other terror organization's videos.
Doing so will only serve their target, and help spread the fear- just as they wish. Take away their fancy edited videos, and they are no different than any other terror organization.

As a friend of mine said, the release of videos are like a 5 year-old kid throwing a tantrum because he knows it'll get him attention and what he wants. I will not give them the satisfaction of that attention.

I urge you all to simply stop viewing and sharing these videos. I don't see what benefit one would gain from seeing any beheading, or seeing someone being burnt alive. If we fight ISIS on land, no reason we shouldn't fight them on the internet as well, as much as we can anyway.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
I refuse to watch and share their, and any other terror organization's videos.
Doing so will only serve their target, and help spread the fear- just as they wish. Take away their fancy edited videos, and they are no different than any other terror organization.

As a friend of mine said, the release of videos are like a 5 year-old kid throwing a tantrum because he knows it'll get him attention and what he wants. I will not give them the satisfaction of that attention.

I urge you all to simply stop viewing and sharing these videos. I don't see what benefit one would gain from seeing any beheading, or seeing someone being burnt alive. If we fight ISIS on land, no reason we shouldn't fight them on the internet as well, as much as we can anyway.

You're right, there is literally no benefit. I guess it's just something more borne from a morbid curiosity I have in the sense of seeing how something so completely opposite from my own beliefs about the value of life can actually happen. Of course this is what any terrorist organization wants is attention. But that attention comes in harsher forms, such as Jordan now executing ISIS prisoners and continuing to bomb them. Maybe I'm f**ked up for watching those types of videos, but I suppose it's just confirmation that in reality there are truly evil people out there. Just my two cents, I figured at the very least a conversation would ensue, as the people on this forum are of a higher caliber of intelligence than the average Internet dweller :lol:

Skyblue

Reaction score
You're right, there is literally no benefit. I guess it's just something more borne from a morbid curiosity I have in the sense of seeing how something so completely opposite from my own beliefs about the value of life can actually happen. Of course this is what any terrorist organization wants is attention. But that attention comes in harsher forms, such as Jordan now executing ISIS prisoners and continuing to bomb them. Maybe I'm f**ked up for watching those types of videos, but I suppose it's just confirmation that in reality there are truly evil people out there. Just my two cents, I figured at the very least a conversation would ensue, as the people on this forum are of a higher caliber of intelligence than the average Internet dweller :lol:

Just to be clear, by the way, I didn't mean to "lecture" you in any way. I'm merely stating my point of view on the matter. And a discussion is always welcome.
Who know, maybe the more extreme ISIS videos get, it will turn more countries against them- I've read an article today claiming many Islamic religious leaders condemned the Jordanian pilot's execution saying it is going against the Islam's ways.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Oh I didn't take it as a lecture at all, no worries man. I agree with you about the increasing level of horror the videos take. I'm not really the most educated on the whole situation with ISIS but they are making enemies rather quickly. Didn't they recently execute a couple of Japanese prisoners as well?

SD83

Reaction score
Who know, maybe the more extreme ISIS videos get, it will turn more countries against them- I've read an article today claiming many Islamic religious leaders condemned the Jordanian pilot's execution saying it is going against the Islam's ways.

It seems to have worked that way with Jordan, it appears the entire country is pissed off and wants to see those idiots destroyed. And as far as my information goes, they started taking actions. I don't know, but reading that the entire "we will fly airstrikes on ISIS" operation led to about the same amount of bombs being dropped on Syria & Iraq in seven months as in three days of war against Serbia makes it seem a bit pathetic. Maybe this will lead to a change in that.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
I don't want to see the video. But, I do not believe that any religion of a loving God would promote these actions.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score

:agreed:

Grief

Reaction score
While I wouldn't wish to defend these a-holes, the Islamic principle is Qisas which is basically similar to lex talionis or an-eye-for-an-eye as espoused by the Bible. The gist is that pilots are dropping incendiary bombs on IS so it is ok to set their pilots on fire in retaliation.

Just as most western Christians wouldn't advocate lex talionis these days (with the exception of course of capital murder in the US), I understand most Muslims wouldn't advocate Qisas being applied in this manner.

Latest posts

')