ISP Decimator G-String...Mistake!??!

• Thread starter mightywarlock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've used both and prefer the G-String version. I'm using a Jackson SLAT3-7 into a 6505+ and it works perfectly even with the gain turned up all the way on the lead channel. If you have an effects loop in your amp I'd get the G-String for sure. Read how it actually works on the ISP site, pretty cool.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

enuenu

Reaction score
Trying to make the decision between the two pedals myself. I think I'm more confused than ever. For the dummies like me;
"Is there an application where the standard Decimator does a better job than the G-String version?"
"If so, what is that application?"

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
regular decimator if you are only having feedback issues and/or want a tighter sound when palm musit

g string version if you want that and your amp to be quite between playing, this can be for noisey amps witha a tonne of hiss like the peavey 6505

enuenu

Reaction score
regular decimator if you are only having feedback issues and/or want a tighter sound when palm musit

g string version if you want that and your amp to be quite between playing, this can be for noisey amps witha a tonne of hiss like the peavey 6505

Thanks. So it seems if you get the G String you get the exact same functionality as the standard Decimator, plus some extra functionality. So the worst that can happen if you get the G String is that you drop some extra coin for no reason.

However I see a few posts on this subject saying that 2 x standard decimators will provide even better functionality and flexibility than 1 x G String. If this is the case I would buy a standard Decimator, see how it goes, and if I then find I need noise reduction after the preamp, buy a second standard Decimator.

2 x Standard Decimators would not cost that much more $ than a G-String so logic is telling me get a Standard Decimator and buy a second one later if desired. With 2 x Standard Decimators I get the ultimate in noise reduction, excepting maybe the Pro Rack.

xPIZZLEx

Bringin' the heavy.
Reaction score
If you're gonna go dual Decimator, be careful using the second one in an effects loop. No effects loop is fool-proof in preventing volume drop. You'll probably have to mess with it to get it just right so it's cutting back the amp's natural hiss without dropping your volume too much.

I used my Decimator right next to my amp footswitch. When I was done with a song, I just switched over to the clean channel, and TA-DA! No amp hiss.

*Now going to eBay to get a Decimator. I love payday!

MikeAlustrium

Mike DeMaria
Reaction score
yeah dude I LOVE my g-string. i run it in the series loop of my amp and in front of my amp at the same time and it SERIOUSLY makes my rig quite as hell. no hum or hiss at all

sgsummers

Reaction score
First of all sorry to bump an old thread... but how do I do this?

"yeah dude I LOVE my g-string. i run it in the series loop of my amp and in front of my amp at the same time and it SERIOUSLY makes my rig quite as hell. no hum or hiss at all"

I have been struggling to get the G string to do any good on my 6505+ and my 5150.

And also anyone know if the the two amps above are serial r parallel FX loops?

I have experimented with a few different ways of hooking it up but I get weird results. Either it changes the tone or nothing happens at all. How do I run it in front AND in the loop at the same time. Of if it was mentioned above I guess its just not obvious to me.

Reaction score
I dont think your hooking it up right? every amp ive used it on has no effect on tone at all on or off, your amps have series effects loops btw, which is optimal.

Latest posts

')