ISP Decimator G-String

sstepho

Reaction score
Hey, I'm planning on buying a decimator and a korg pitchblack tuner. But before I do, I just want to know exactly how I would set all that up.. I'm a little lost with this 4 cable method and having the deci go through the fx loop? Can someone shine some light on this for me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
The G-String tracks your guitar signal so that it can minimize cutting out your guitar and only cut out the excess the noise. Basically you plug your guitar into the G-String (for tracking), it goes out into the front of your amp, then the remaining two cables go to and from the FX Loop to the pedal.

sstepho

Reaction score
Okay so I would have a cable going from my amp input to the tuner, then a little cable going from the tuner to the decimator, then a cable from the decimator to my guitar. but there would also be two extra cables going from the decimator through the effects loop?

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Yeah. Although the way you put it is kind of weird because you said it backwards from what I'd think of it as, haha.

Basically:

Guitar > Tuner > Decimator guitar in > Decimator guitar out > Guitar input on amp

Then the other two would be:

Amp FX loop out > Decimator FX in > Decimator FX out > Amp FX loop in

I'm sure the tuner and Decimator can be interchangeable based on preference before going into the guitar input on the amp though.

sstepho

Reaction score
Awesome, you've been a great help man. So d'you think the order of the pedals makes a difference? To me it just makes sense to have the tuner first and the noise gate last.

so, amp > tuner > noise gate > guitar

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Well yeah, definitely have the Loop section of the Decimator last. Unless you're running a delay pedal, then put that last.

I'm talking about just before the signal even goes into the amp. If we're only talking about a tuner, you can probably put it before or after the Decimator depending on where you want it. For example if you had them in two different spots on stage and you wanted to minimize long cords.

sstepho

Reaction score
Weird, I'm talking about this backwards..
So, here we go again:
Guitar > tuner > decimator > amp.

do you recommend certain cables to use? 'Cause I've always just used w/e I could find

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Yeah, that would work. It'll be less confusing when you actually have it in front of you.

Not really. Just as long as they're instrument cables. ;p

bradthelegend

ESP Fanboy
Reaction score
The tuner doesn't go in the effects loop. It goes in front of the amp, directly after your guitar. I think that's where the confusion lies.

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
What I meant was there's two spots the tuner can go before your guitar signal hits the amp. Either before the guitar input on the noise gate or after the guitar out from the noise gate and before the guitar input on the amp.

')