Issues with Audio Interface + GR5 (buzz/cutting out)

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
I have my Avid Fast Track Duo set up with Guitar Rig 5.

The sound will come through fine sometimes but at points it just completely cuts out, sometimes repeatedly for a couple of seconds and sometimes just shuts off. Other times the sound quality just goes to complete crap and it sounds like I'm playing a distorted tin can with a huge amount of buzz.

I have noticed for some reason the CPU reader seems to peak upto 100% sometimes at which point it reads "over" or something like that and just shuts off.

My processor is MORE than capable of handling this workload as its usually at 19-30% when its actually working. Even at 192000 samples.

Also In ASIO4ALL control panel it will sometimes give me a yellow cross and say the driver has failed and my computer is messed up.

Troubleshooting Ive tried is buying a new usb cable and trying different ports on my PC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

steelyad

Hop Pole Studios
Reaction score
The clue seems to be in ASIO4ALL. You probably shouldn't be using that unless absolutely necessary - it's a great tool for mixing on headphones on a laptop without an interface handy, but you should really use Avid's own ASIO drivers - they're written specifically for that interface, and will get things moving through the system.

Your CPU won't actually be at max usage, but running inefficient drivers that's a measure of how much audio can be passed through ASIO4ALL before it has a heart attack.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
The clue seems to be in ASIO4ALL. You probably shouldn't be using that unless absolutely necessary - it's a great tool for mixing on headphones on a laptop without an interface handy, but you should really use Avid's own ASIO drivers - they're written specifically for that interface, and will get things moving through the system.

Your CPU won't actually be at max usage, but running inefficient drivers that's a measure of how much audio can be passed through ASIO4ALL before it has a heart attack.

Well this makes alot of sense. Ill definitely try uninstall Asio4All and use the drivers that came with the Interface.

Update to come!

')