Issues with BKP juggernauts

• Thread starter moikey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

moikey

Reaction score
I've installed a set of BKP juggernauts in my PRS SE, but there is just no sound coming from them. At first I thought it was the capacitor I bridged to make fit, but I still have the same issue after swapping it out with an orange drop. I have followed the wiring diagram completely, and my wiring is 100% exactly the way diagram depicts (2hum 1vol 1tone 3way), but I reckon my grounding is causing the problem. This is my first passive rodeo, having a looong sting of EMGs. It seems like when I have the pots and toggle screwed into place, it kills it, but when its hanging free for testing, a bump or two gets some sound out of the guitar. All the solder joints are nice and tidy, nothing touching what it shouldn't, nothing too poorly done etc.

Anyone got any idea? The loop is like this:
9jumbpe.png

As far as ground goes, I have the black & bare from each of the pickups twisted and grounded on back of volume pot, the middle switch of the toggle to the back of volume pot, ground of jack socket to volume pot, the bent pin of the volume to the bent pin of the tone, then a wire running to the bridge ground wire.

Any help would be ideal, I have been stumped for about 6 hours now. Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nicktao

Reaction score
Could you post some pics of the cavity?

Alex79

Reaction score
I'm guessing some cables are mixed up, take some pictures and maybe we can help.

mongey

Reaction score
I had this problem once and turns out I had fried the volume pot by heating it too much to attach the ground to the top . It was only my 2nd or 3rd install I had done

moikey

Reaction score
I managed to sort it guys, it turns out that my 3-way toggle wasn't the same spec as the one in the BKP diagram. I just had to invert the two cables which weren't the pickups. Cheers guys, foolish mistake, but one I can reference in future!

')