Issues with vsts in reaper. Really need help

• Thread starter guitaardvark
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitaardvark

Reaction score
So I cleared out the ol' VST folder last week and reorganized some folders so I knew I'd have to point reaper in the right direction as to some files and such. However every time I load a project, all of my file paths for things like IRs are forgotten (the track audio files are still there), almost all of my VST's show up like so: http://i.imgur.com/9i2aiAu.jpg after a message explaining that my vsts are unavailable.

I have to remove the plugin and re-run it for every single plugin in every single project each time I load it, since it "forgets" when I close it. I checked the VST folders and all of the dll files are there, I cleared the cache and reloaded and Reaper is still directed to the VST folders so I don't get why it's not working. Any ideas what's going on?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
I used to have the EXACT same problem until I upgraded to the latest version of Reaper.
Also are you using the correct kind of plugins? Like if your system and Reaper are both 64 bit, use the 64 bit versions. This looks like an error where the computer is not able to load up the plugin's GUI.

Try to upgrade and see if that helps...that helped me at least.

col

blah.
Reaction score
Try clicking on that UI button on the upper right corner, does it change the view back to the GUI?

guitaardvark

Reaction score
I used to have the EXACT same problem until I upgraded to the latest version of Reaper.
Also are you using the correct kind of plugins? Like if your system and Reaper are both 64 bit, use the 64 bit versions. This looks like an error where the computer is not able to load up the plugin's GUI.

Try to upgrade and see if that helps...that helped me at least.

What I don't understand is that yes, it is only 32 bit vsts that won't load. But they've worked for the 4 years I've used reaper on this computer. :nuts:

pow404

Reaction score
This is weird hey, update reaper if you can but if not maybe try a re install?

')