Istanbul/Turkey

• Thread starter hairychris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vansinn

Reaction score
Yup, good to see the people going against Erdogan (who wants a new Ottoman empire) attempting to create outright war against Syria.
Also good to see Germans blocking the EEC headquarters in protest.
All the while Natanyahu refers Israeli protesters as extremists..

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
It does seem like an extremely out-of-proportion reaction from Erdogan. I, as one of the resident angry atheists on this board, am happy that a secular system of government has popular support in at least one middle eastern nation, as there seems to be an element of push-back in these protests against increased islamisation of the Turkish government.

Turkey has always been a close ally to Sweden, and the Ottomans helped us against the Russians, so I propose we send down Sweden's one employed soldier to help the people out.

necronile

Reaction score
Yup, good to see the people going against Erdogan (who wants a new Ottoman empire) attempting to create outright war against Syria.
Also good to see Germans blocking the EEC headquarters in protest.
All the while Natanyahu refers Israeli protesters as extremists..

Yup...
people here in Israel should learn from people of Turkey,
if you want change you have to really show it.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
It is amazing how little media coverage this gets.

Oh, and I wanted to share an amazing picture I just saw...I am not a football fan, but know a thing or two about it - so this is pretty much an indication of "how real shit just got".

tumblr_mnw322McxC1qaznnlo1_1280.jpg

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that the ultras are all in on this. Although it may be for the opportunity to kick police arse....!

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Apparently, according to Facebook this is nowhere as important as Game of Thrones. People are ....ing idiots, man. :wallbash:

soliloquy

Reaction score
as someone who visited turkey last year, this saddens me. i admit i dont know the full extent of the issues that are going there, but turkey is such a beautiful place with even nicer people.

with that being said...i'm not sure who to believe here. on one side, the media is siding with the mass. the news is siding with the police and government. and then the neutral are siding with neither as both sides are being silly.

but i thought these were interesting:

This is a pic of the protestors in #Turkey last night. They're winning everyone's hearts except Erdogan's. #Win pic.twitter.com/GxddjivjP7
1013688_10151729983784257_1002688019_n.png

Murmel

Reaction score
Turkey has always been a close ally to Sweden, and the Ottomans helped us against the Russians, so I propose we send down Sweden's one employed soldier to help the people out.

"Sad" but true :lol:

Latest posts

')