Its been a month.. and here is the final product :D

• Thread starter faaip
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

faaip

Reaction score
Hey All,

Would love to get some feedback again - i had quite a few people help me out with our song, wardrive before. i finally was able to sort out the sound and im really happy with it.

We've also recorded another song since then, and while the guitars are DI and done via amplitude, im really happy with it too - feedback would be appreciated!

ive also popped a thanks in the comments for valkyrie to the sevenstring.org forums, you guys have made my recordings 10000x times better.

Valkyrie by Dot The Eyes on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Wardrive by Dot The Eyes on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
In the 1st one the guitar becomes kinda "quiet" and the vocals overpower much of mix.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Oh also this is just my taste, the distortion (in the 1st one have yet to listen to the second" seems loose and not as aggressive as I would like, but if that's not what you're going for then forget what I just said :D.

faaip

Reaction score
:agreed: I'd recommend sitting the vocals back a bit in the mix and bring forward the instruments.

Ok great! will do :)

he distortion (in the 1st one have yet to listen to the second" seems loose and not as aggressive as I would like, but if that's not what you're going for then forget what I just said

Yeah im going for a less aggressive tone, more of the late 70's distortion which had more of a cleaner sound.

Thanks for the input, ill fix that up!

faaip

Reaction score
Quick update: i've lowered the vocals and reuploaded.. is that far enough back for the vocals? i found if i started to lower it more than around 2-3db the vocals got a little washed out by the guitars.

faaip

Reaction score
i know i've been badgering on about these songs quite a bit, but i went back and redid them after purchasing redwirez impulses.. my god, they are amazing and the neighbours arent complaining now :)

thoughts on the new mixes? the same links up the top will goto them, but otherwise:
Valkyrie by Dot The Eyes on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Wardrive by Dot The Eyes on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

for those interested, i was using the mesa-boogie + shure sm57 set.. guitars were @ cap 2 inches.

the bass came out so clear in these mixes, very cool.

Latest posts

')