It's here, bitches!!!1

• Thread starter Nik
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
My new and very first 7 arrived today...

... and I just ripped the high E string, wtf? Oh well. It's a royal blue RG1527 with an Air Norton in the neck and Blaze Custom in the bridge, and it postively owns any other guitar I have ever played before. Seriously, an RG body + 7-string neck = total ownage.

I'll post some pics Friday. And I hope you guys can help me: I don't have very good ears for getting perfect tone. I'm wanting something Petrucci-ish, so I'm hoping that I can post some recordings of me playing and you can help me perfect 2 amp presets (one for leads, one for riffage) by telling me to increase/lower the gain, lows, mid, treble etc...

Anyway, I'm gonna go look at it now. This weekend can't come soon enough :bowdown:

I just had to get that out of my system.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's great news. Now, if only I could figure out why I would click on link that is addressed to bitches....

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Ken Burtch said:
That's great news. Now, if only I could figure out why I would click on link that is addressed to bitches....

You know how it is with the euphoria and everything ;) lol don't get offended or anything.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nik said:
You know how it is with the euphoria and everything ;) lol don't get offended or anything.

Oh, no offense taken. Just thought it was odd that I would click on such a link, not offended that you posted it :lol:

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Thanks! It would've come sooner if UPS didn't suck...

Ken Burtch said:
Oh, no offense taken. Just thought it was odd that I would click on such a link, not offended that you posted it :lol:

Cool, man ;) It was just the way you said it. I was like, "Errr...." You know how it is, when you get something new like this, you just want to do this: :fawk: It'll be over real soon.

But man, the dark metallic finish on the tuners and nut is absolutely amazing... The only thing I didn't like at first was the jumbo frets, but that'll take some getting used to.

So, any other people here use line 6 products? I have a spider II 112 and it shares many amp models with the xt, so I'm hoping you Podxt ers can give me some tips for setting up my Metal and Insane amp models for leads :metal:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ken Burtch said:

man, that even took ME a second, Ken, and word play is kinda my thing... :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Pimp guitar dude, the 15** series is sick.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
Ken Burtch said:

I clicked because I thought there was gonna be pics of bitches

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
7slinger said:
I clicked because I thought there was gonna be pics of bitches
Ask and ye shall recieve!

legacy_lace.jpg

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
BTW, can someone explain the 5-way pick-up switch thing to me? This guitar has 2 humbuckers and I can only think of 3 possible positions:

Neck humbucker
Both humbuckers
Bridge humbucker

Where is this 5 coming from? What are the other 2 positions?

ibanez.shredder

Reaction score
AHAHA! I got my brand new 2005 RG1527 last week! unfortunatly i only got 15 mins on it then it had to back in its case till christmas :(. Man how awesome is the royal blue :D. i cant get over how good they look. The RG1527RB has to be the sleekest looking ibanez ever.
Congrats on the buy man, i know im enjoying mine!

iumentum

Reaction score
Congrats! I love the 1527! I want one as an addition to my RG7621. But with an LGM Leviiathan coming, I need another 7-string like a hole in my head.. But, that probably won't stop me... :nuts:

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
I'm still a bit confused. What does "Parallel connected" mean?

ibanez.shredder said:
AHAHA! I got my brand new 2005 RG1527 last week! unfortunatly i only got 15 mins on it then it had to back in its case till christmas :(. Man how awesome is the royal blue :D. i cant get over how good they look. The RG1527RB has to be the sleekest looking ibanez ever.
Congrats on the buy man, i know im enjoying mine!

Yeah, man, congrats! At first I wasn't real big on the blue color cause I've always been a black-and-white type of guy, and I really really loved those Grey-Nickel RG7620s, but man, you have to see it in person... I wouldn't want this guitar in any other color, it's unbelievable. And I love those tuners and the nut, with that dark grey metallic sort of surface :agreed: It's the most beutiful guitar I've ever seen.

iumentum: is your Leviathan gonna be a 7, too?

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
i didn't look at the link so i'm not sure of the exact context, but with circuits you can either wire things in parallel or in series (or a bunch of other irrelevant ways). you get different effects with each one; for example the effective resistance of two equal valued resistors in series will double whereas it will half if they're in parallel. series means one after the other and in a circuits point of view parallel means they start and end at the same node (a node is like a fork in the road in an electrical circuit). hope this helps. congrats on the guitar too!

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Standard humbucker wiring puts the two coils in series which results in high power and a fat sound. Parallel connection, which is the most useful of several alternate ways to connect the coils, gives less output and a brighter sound.

')