It's here, bitches!!!1

• Thread starter Nik
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jski7

Reaction score
Ken Burtch said:
That's great news. Now, if only I could figure out why I would click on link that is addressed to bitches....
:lol: Funny thing for me is that I address my friends that way . It's always "What's up bitches ?" or something like "Bitches , I have arrived .". I'm using it to replace my old standard of using the word "fuckers" . One more thing , it's always used in plural form , even if it's just one friend I'm speaking to .

Anyways , congrats on the new toy man . Enjoy .... BITCHES !! ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies!

dpm said:
Standard humbucker wiring puts the two coils in series which results in high power and a fat sound. Parallel connection, which is the most useful of several alternate ways to connect the coils, gives less output and a brighter sound.

So basically, standard humbucker neck for leads, standard humbucker bridge for riffage, and parallel for cleans or cleaner tones.

I replaced my string today. This guitar freakin rocks! :hbang:

jski7 said:
Funny thing for me is that I address my friends that way . It's always "What's up bitches ?" or something like "Bitches , I have arrived .". I'm using it to replace my old standard of using the word "fuckers" . One more thing , it's always used in plural form , even if it's just one friend I'm speaking to .

There you go ;) That's always funny, until you're at a job interview and just from sheer habit, you call the guy, "bitches." Actually, that's even funnier, though it takes several weeks and several beers for the humor to seep in.

I'll post some pics and mp3s tomorrow, unless I do something stupid and put my guitar out of working order again, lol. Gotta go play!

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Nik said:
That's always funny, until you're at a job interview and just from sheer habit, you call the guy, "bitches." Actually, that's even funnier, though it takes several weeks and several beers for the humor to seep in.

AHAHHAHAAHAHA :shred: :shred: :shred: Classic, dude. :metal:

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
congrats man! Ever since I bought my first 1527 I found myself with that bug I used to have with the Jem/Universe's. Don't get me wrong I still love the Jem/Uvi's but man those 1527's rule,,,now I have also fallen in love with the 7321's as well.

~A

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Yay, I finally got it in tune!

I also tried playing my 6 today, it felt weeeeird...

I'll post some uber-high insane resolution pics in a bit...

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
I took some pics, it looks black in low light... You really have to see the finish in person to appreciate it's beauty...

Here it is, gorgous Royal Blue 2005 RG1527 courtesy of Eric's Guitars:

jski7

Reaction score
Nik said:
There you go ;) That's always funny, until you're at a job interview and just from sheer habit, you call the guy, "bitches." Actually, that's even funnier, though it takes several weeks and several beers for the humor to seep in.

WTF !? How did you know I'm currently in the interviewing process for a new job ? Seriously though , I am :lol: .
Nice pics man . It looks badass . The only drawback being all the other 1527s are the same color (except the Japanese ones) . A lil' more variety is needed in Ibanez's department .

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
jski7 said:
WTF !? How did you know I'm currently in the interviewing process for a new job ? Seriously though , I am :lol: .
Nice pics man . It looks badass . The only drawback being all the other 1527s are the same color (except the Japanese ones) . A lil' more variety is needed in Ibanez's department .

I agree, although even with more choices, I still probably would've gone with the royal blue.

ibanez.shredder

Reaction score
I'd take my royal blue RG1527 over any other colour in the ibanez cataloge, even rock mirror. It just suits the guitar so damn well. Cmon CL7 Black is good on most guitars but is just plain boring compared to the royal blue (only my opinion though). I'd post some pics of mine but im not even allowed to see it let alone take photos lol. What do you think of the stock pups Nik? I thought they were EQ'd towards the treble side. They seemed a little muddy but pretty damn good. I recon im gonna go with an EMG 81-7 in the bridge and an EMG 707 in the neck though. Have fun and enjoy Nik!

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
ibanez.shredder said:
I'd take my royal blue RG1527 over any other colour in the ibanez cataloge, even rock mirror. It just suits the guitar so damn well. Cmon CL7 Black is good on most guitars but is just plain boring compared to the royal blue (only my opinion though). I'd post some pics of mine but im not even allowed to see it let alone take photos lol. What do you think of the stock pups Nik? I thought they were EQ'd towards the treble side. They seemed a little muddy but pretty damn good. I recon im gonna go with an EMG 81-7 in the bridge and an EMG 707 in the neck though. Have fun and enjoy Nik!

I never really heard the stock pick-ups in action. I had Eric install an Air Norton in the neck and Blaze Custom in the bridge before he shipped it to me. I don't know about the stocks, but now it sounds totally badass through the metal amp line 6 model (which is modeled after a Mesa Dual Rectifier, I believe)...

I did have Eric send me the stock pick-ups just in case, though. They could come in handy if I decide to do some sort of project guitar...

But I agree about the color thing, though. And those tiny fret markers... :hbang:

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
I was told that I may be able to get the black as well. I ordered two more 1527s and when I did they asked what color I wanted, BK or RB. I said :spock: ... and they said it now shows both.

SO, screw GC and M123... :) Anybody wanting black let me know, I will find out for sure Monday. Peace.

EDIT: OK, black is going away and it was only a short run. They aren't producing these, what's out there is out there and that's it. It sounded like it was a production error or something but I can't confirm it. That's why they are lower priced than the RBs. Just a head's up.

simon

Reaction score
hmm, this royal blue combined with the smokey chrome hardware and the small dot inlays in the neck is really the most beautiful guitar i ever bought.

i cant recommend the stock pickups though - the guitar sounds flat and high-gain chords break together pretty quick. :squint:

i read through many recommendations here and descided to go for tonezone 7 + air norton 7. put them in and was pretty much disappointed - the air norton really lacked brightness - couldnt get a burning lead tone out of the guitar somehow - neither with the tonezone. and i really tried until i had to admit that i made a mistake by getting those 2 pickups. :wallbash:

last week finally i descided to burn my last money with the blaze custom and blaze neck - well, what can i say: the blaze neck suits the 1527 so perfectly that i couldnt stop playing my guitar. :shred: the blaze custom could have a bit more bass for my taste but has still a more interesting character than the tonezone. maybe ill try the blaze bridge someday when my money pool is refilled. :scratch:

anyway, congratz to your 1572. i got a 7621 and a 7620 aswell, went to the music store without intentions to buy anything, saw the 1527, fell in love with that sweet royal blue, bought it and felt always a bit unhappy due to the mediocre sound. but since last week i havent touched my 762x's anymore.

:wub:

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Well, of course, if you've been playing 7620s that come with Blazes, you might not find the Air Norton to suit your tastes ;)

I've been messing with perfecting a lead tone. It sounds great, although the pick-attack is a little overwhelming and tends to dominate a bit during really fast shred alternate-picked runs...

Hey, which 2 screws do I use to adjust the trem angle? I looked at Ibanez rules and jemsite, and neither really properly explained it... Can I adjust it without removing the back cover? The cover has plenty of holes in it, and for some weird reason, I like to keep my covers on...

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nik said:
Hey, which 2 screws do I use to adjust the trem angle? I looked at Ibanez rules and jemsite, and neither really properly explained it... Can I adjust it without removing the back cover? The cover has plenty of holes in it, and for some weird reason, I like to keep my covers on...
These booklets, or ones very similar to them, should have come in the case with your guitar:
http://www.ibanez.com/support/manuals/guitars_w-locking.pdf
http://www.ibanez.com/support/manuals/maintenance.pdf
Print them out.
Now.

As a guitar owner, get used to removing cavity plate covers. It's simple to do, and you'll be doing it a lot.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Kevan said:
This booklets, or ones very similar to them, should have come in the case with your guitar:
http://www.ibanez.com/support/manuals/guitars_w-locking.pdf
http://www.ibanez.com/support/manuals/maintenance.pdf
Print them out.
Now.

As a guitar owner, get used to removing cavity plate covers. It's simple to do, and you'll be doing it a lot.

The manual that came with the guitar was even more vague.

I know removing the cover is easy and important, but for some reason I like the cover there, and I have a mortal fear of crossthreading the screw holes...

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Stress not, my young friend.
It's really hard to cross-thread those.
And even if you do, it's a painless, no-mark, never-see-it fix.

Latest posts

')