It's official, a """Pantera reunion""" is happening.

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
What musicians (if any) would it take to get any of you guys interested in a reforming of the band? If this is just Phil and Rex asking Zakk and Dave Grohl to play some stadium dates...uggh. But if they were to announce that Pantera, the band will go into the studio to make new music as well....is there any chance you would be interested and what musicians would have to round out the band to make it seem legit?

Can't be done. Pantera without Dime is not Pantera, simple as that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What musicians (if any) would it take to get any of you guys interested in a reforming of the band? If this is just Phil and Rex asking Zakk and Dave Grohl to play some stadium dates...uggh. But if they were to announce that Pantera, the band will go into the studio to make new music as well....is there any chance you would be interested and what musicians would have to round out the band to make it seem legit?

I'd be happier with a limited tour with guests like Zakk and Dave and maybe some other guys who were friends of the band. That actually sounds like fun.

I think I'd actually be more interested if they didn't have Phil, and just got a bunch of different vocalists to pay homage to the band.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
If its just a who's who of celebrity musicians then it doesn't feel like getting the band back together or a true reunion. The only only reason I ask is Judas Priest is now NOT KK or Glenn. If you asked me years ago how I would have felt about that I would have scoffed but after how much I enjoyed Firepower and how much I like Richie as a guitarist the once unthinkable is now thinkable. I totally get that Pantera's identity is critically linked to Dime, but if the band were to reunite with permanent replacement members does anyone create intrigue and lend legitimacy?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
How about CC Deville on guitar?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
If its just a who's who of celebrity musicians then it doesn't feel like getting the band back together or a true reunion. The only only reason I ask is Judas Priest is now NOT KK or Glenn. If you asked me years ago how I would have felt about that I would have scoffed but after how much I enjoyed Firepower and how much I like Richie as a guitarist the once unthinkable is now thinkable. I totally get that Pantera's identity is critically linked to Dime, but if the band were to reunite with permanent replacement members does anyone create intrigue and lend legitimacy?
This is different than Judas Priest. I think, despite Richie kind of coming across as somewhat of a KK Downing understudy, he has the chops and so on to make it work. Plus, KK left. Meanwhile, Dimebag and Vinnie started Pantera, played on every album, were heavily involved in getting Pantera from bar band to worldwide touring act, etc. Touring without Dimebag is like Van Halen attempting to tour without Eddie.

DingmanHardman

Reaction score
As hard as it is to fill Dime's shoes, the only person that comes to mind is Wes Hauch.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
1657766774250.png

How about the guy in the middle?

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I'd be happier with a limited tour with guests like Zakk and Dave and maybe some other guys who were friends of the band. That actually sounds like fun.

I think I'd actually be more interested if they didn't have Phil, and just got a bunch of different vocalists to pay homage to the band.

Honestly, back in the day I would have been totally cool with a memorial thing with Zakk filling in. And I'm like Ola when it comes to Pantera...but dude...your 5 minutes are up.

But this reminds me, is Down still a thing anymore?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Honestly, back in the day I would have been totally cool with a memorial thing with Zakk filling in. And I'm like Ola when it comes to Pantera...but dude...your 5 minutes are up.

But this reminds me, is Down still a thing anymore?
I think they literally just went back on tour a month ago.

')