It's official, a """Pantera reunion""" is happening.

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
Slayer has always been a terrible band known more for their "satanic" imagery than they ever were for their music.
This sure is a dumb take. Contempoary reviews of slayer albums until diablous in musica were all pretty much favourable.

Even the music snobs of places like sputnik music have a lot of the slayer albums over a 4 out of 5.

You and your cliques might not like slayer, but to imply that slayer didnt have the musical merit to back up their gimmick is absurd. Plenty of bands have gimmicks, most of them get promptly forgotten.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
This sure is a dumb take. Contempoary reviews of slayer albums until diablous in musica were all pretty much favourable.

Even the music snobs of places like sputnik music have a lot of the slayer albums over a 4 out of 5.

You and your cliques might not like slayer, but to imply that slayer didnt have the musical merit to back up their gimmick is absurd. Plenty of bands have gimmicks, most of them get promptly forgotten.
Gee. I guess you are right. Thanks, Sputnik.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
I can't believe you cited a shit online site as some authority on metal album criticism, but you do you.
You're got some nice selective reading there.

I gave two examples; music journalists of the day and modern music nerd fan reaction.

I did this to show that there are a wide gammut of people who rate the music highly.

If you have an opinion that the band is trash, you're entitled to that obviously. It's just a total contrarian viewpoint to imply that it's known their music is trash and they are nothing more than a gimmick.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
You're got some nice selective reading there.

I gave two examples; music journalists of the day and modern music nerd fan reaction.

I did this to show that there are a wide gammut of people who rate the music highly.

If you have an opinion that the band is trash, you're entitled to that obviously. It's just a total contrarian viewpoint to imply that it's known their music is trash and they are nothing more than a gimmick.
Slayer is trash. I am sorry that my opinion of the band hurt your feelings. Please go to Sputnik and get a huggy.

Reaction score

Boi if you don't take this bullshit down and stop disgracing your family name by defending Slayer. Have some self respect...don't nobody want to listen to that shit

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
I'll never deny the positive impact of Slayer on the genre, but even for their time there were more interesting bands. Yes, I'll admit that many of my favorite bands wouldn't be around without them, but that doesn't change the fact that it really is just turbo slop on some songs. Hell, that's even part of the appeal! It was meant to be fast and ridiculous sounding, and good for them, they achieved it and made a career for themselves doing it.

Just for me, that vision loses it's novelty pretty quickly.

Reaction score
I'll never deny the positive impact of Slayer on the genre, but even for their time there were more interesting bands. Yes, I'll admit that many of my favorite bands wouldn't be around without them, but that doesn't change the fact that it really is just turbo slop on some songs. Hell, that's even part of the appeal! It was meant to be fast and ridiculous sounding, and good for them, they achieved it and made a career for themselves doing it.

Just for me, that vision loses it's novelty pretty quickly.
TURBO SLOP🤣😅😂🤣

OH LAWD NOT TURBO SLOP

I'm literally in tears right now. Slayer will forever be TurboSlop for me. Oh god I need some milk

7stringDemon

Reaction score

nightflameauto

Reaction score
And the funniest thing is that the singer is actually catholic. What a bunch of tools.

Everytime I tell that to an unaware Slayer fan I silently enjoy the look on their faces :lol:
Nobody that's a "fan" of Slayer doesn't know this.

My favorite description of Slayer included the phrase, "Turkey and monkey in a blender" to describe the dueling guitars. I still get a hell of a giggle out of it even as somebody that's enjoyed them over the years because, frankly, it's 100% accurate.

gabito

Advanced power chords user
Reaction score
Nobody that's a "fan" of Slayer doesn't know this.

We're also aware that he's probably not a serial killer. Also not a nazi concentration camp physician.

Not even a doctor, most likely.

My favorite description of Slayer included the phrase, "Turkey and monkey in a blender" to describe the dueling guitars. I still get a hell of a giggle out of it even as somebody that's enjoyed them over the years because, frankly, it's 100% accurate.

Indeed. Enjoying stuff everybody else hates is part of being into metal. Or at least it was?

Anyway, I'm laughing my ass off with this thread, it's really funny. I don't need everybody else to like what I like.

')