It's official, a """Pantera reunion""" is happening.

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That lobster claw monstrosity he came out with for the last tour was even bigger than the usual Vs. I'm sure that had a hand in why, every time he came forward to 'solo' I kept calling him the 'angry inch'.
I checked out his new guitar at a local GC. Felt like a toy. Hated it. It didn't seem that big, then again my guitars are all MLs

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Oh god could you imagine a show with Slayer, Pantera, and Insane Clown Posse?

The top three most insufferable fanbases in all of music, all together in one room?

The government would be legally required to nuke that place.

Funny, because one of my first experiences at a metal concert was seeing Slayer at some festival in the UK maybe 25 years ago. I was a young teen, really short, skinny (not hit a proper growth spurt yet) and it was the first time me and a friend were able to go to things by ourselves. We saw Slayer play in some tent, not the main stage. This massive "biker" kinda dude came and stood by us, leather jacket, huge beard, covered in chains and spikes and tattoos etc. I was worried he might beat us up or something, but he was super friendly, chatted with us, and looked after us, making sure people weren't pushing us around or blocking our views.

And in general I've found most of the "old" metal (Metallica, Megadeth etc) crowds to be mostly very cool people.

Reaction score
Funny, because one of my first experiences at a metal concert was seeing Slayer at some festival in the UK maybe 25 years ago. I was a young teen, really short, skinny (not hit a proper growth spurt yet) and it was the first time me and a friend were able to go to things by ourselves. We saw Slayer play in some tent, not the main stage. This massive "biker" kinda dude came and stood by us, leather jacket, huge beard, covered in chains and spikes and tattoos etc. I was worried he might beat us up or something, but he was super friendly, chatted with us, and looked after us, making sure people weren't pushing us around or blocking our views.

And in general I've found most of the "old" metal (Metallica, Megadeth etc) crowds to be mostly very cool people.
You only think that happened because while screaming antisemitic epithets he beat you so badly that you went unconscious.....and were probably fingered a couple times

Last edited:

mastapimp

Reaction score
You only think that happened because while screaming antisemitic epithets he beat you so badly that you went unconscious.....and were probably fingered a couple times
1675277152239.png

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Holy shit, I forgot that I've fucking seen Slayer live, they were the HEADLINERS of the Unholy Alliance tour; god damn, just shows how unremarkable they were when the opening acts were Mastodon, Children of Bodom, and Lamb of God.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If I were Pantera, I would stay out of Ukraine too. Otherwise, Putin will have to de-Nazify the shit outta them.
He will preserve the vodka in them, otherwise they will piss it all out and waste the only Russian heritage that Pantera temporarily currently might have.

gabito

Advanced power chords user
Reaction score

Yeah... why not.

gavin-4044153159.jpg

Sammy J

Reaction score
Saw them live the other night and it was fantastic. As a fan for 25+ years, it was special to see these songs live.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah... why not.

View attachment 140870
I don’t get why you even share this. These articles are so dumb and just written to generate clicks and internet rage.

Reaction score
On one end it sucks to see a shitty cringe band back from the dead (at least half of them *audience laughter*), but on the other end it's great watching Phuckhead Phil con stupid Pantera fanbois out of their money. Pantera fans already have the reputation for being practically braindead and it's like he's proving it time and time again.

Demiurge

Reaction score
I don’t get why you even share this. These articles are so dumb and just written to generate clicks and internet rage.
I would love to see one of these reunion interviews* where member says, "Another record with these pricks? Fuck no- what's over is over but thanks for the money!"

*Not including members of KISS- I presume this is always the demeanor.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I would love to see one of these reunion interviews* where member says, "Another record with these pricks? Fuck no- what's over is over but thanks for the money!"

*Not including members of KISS- I presume this is always the demeanor.
Yeah I bet they (zakk, Rex) are wishing they wouldn’t keep asking it. Unless they just refuse to answer, any response will just be a click bait headline.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
On one end it sucks to see a shitty cringe band back from the dead (at least half of them *audience laughter*), but on the other end it's great watching Phuckhead Phil con stupid Pantera fanbois out of their money. Pantera fans already have the reputation for being practically braindead and it's like he's proving it time and time again.
How are they conning people out of their money when everyone’s take I’ve seen that has paid to see them on this tour has had nothing but great things to say about it and they loved the show? That seems like people are getting their money’s worth. It’s not like they’re paying to see a hologram of Dime.

gabito

Advanced power chords user
Reaction score
People love their nostalgia.

Doesn’t mean it’s a bad show or anything but all this thing reeks. It was Vinnie Paul who said (I’m paraphrasing) “Dime is dead, there will be never a Pantera reunion without him”

So what can the other guys do in that situation? They wait until Vinnie Paul is also dead.

The people who made, were, owned and led Pantera are all dead. Now all you have is vultures.

Probably Rita wants or needs the money, Rex and Phil too, and they’re within their rights to play with whoever they want whatever songs they want to play.

That’s fine, it’s not illegal, maybe questionable, but nothing more. And it seems the shows are fine (I don’t like what Zakk Wylde does with Dime’s parts, but whatever, people like it).

I still think it reeks. Smells like hurt egos and greed.

I don’t judge the people who want to see them. It’s fine, it’s their money and I hope they enjoy what they’re buying.

I just wouldn’t go to those shows and once in a while I’ll rant online about this whole situation.

Also Phil Anselmo is and idiot and part-time racist.

Disclaimer: I love Pantera and like most of what Phil Anselmo has done elsewhere (except for the occasional racist outburst). I can like things and disagree with some of their business practices, comments, or general white wine appreciation.

Reaction score
How are they conning people out of their money when everyone’s take I’ve seen that has paid to see them on this tour has had nothing but great things to say about it and they loved the show? That seems like people are getting their money’s worth. It’s not like they’re paying to see a hologram of Dime.
The worst member of the band is cashing in on the nostalgia of their idiot fanbase by pretending to honor the legacy of the only half of the band anyone cares about..not to mention he waited until Vinnie died because otherwise that reunion wouldn't have happened as Vinnie wanted no parts of Phil.

This is just a cash grab and people are paying out the ass to see a glorified cover band.

Last edited:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I don't really care about all the stuff beside the music -> AFAIK they're nailing the performances every night and to me those songs are just untouchable, so what's not to like. Yeah Zakk could put a little more effort into actually sounding like Dime, and I'm 100% sure he could if he just decided to do it, but instead he just insists on doing his own thing. Which would be perfectly fine if they were their own band also playing Pantera covers, but they're not, they're trying to actually be Pantera.
That's a very minor complaint though, I'd definitely see them if they played a headlining show here in Finland. Last summer when they played here, they played a festival that didn't have a single other band I would've wanted to see, so I couldn't justify the price that time.

Detested

Reaction score
That's like going to a VH concert without Ed and Al,no thanks,saw Pantera back in the day 5-6 times in my clouded memory the real McCoy, give me that old Chili concert video any day-they loving life on that one.

Latest posts

')