I've been losing a lot of weight lately

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
When I was 22 or 23 I was about 195 lbs and that was a perfect weight for me. The past few years I balooned up to about 240 ( :eek: ) , which was way too much. Way too much.

About 2 months ago, I decided to cut out fast food, seriously reduce my sugar intake, eat less and work out more. I'm at 222 right now, so I've lost 18 pounds in 2 months and am about halfway to where I want to be.

My daily routine is this: Wake up and eat some yogurt & take a multi-vitamin. At work, on my first break I'll have a snack, usually some chicken salad & crackers or a lunchables. On my lunch, I'll go to the gym near my work and do a quick 20 minute workout, then come back to work, make up a lean cuisine lunch and then at home at night, I'll limit myself to one bowl of food or a TV dinner. I make sure to hit the gym 3 times a week.

It's been working out well. I've noticed at the gym that my heart rate used to get to about 185-190 and now even during heavy cardio I'm only hitting 160-165, so I know something's definitely working right. For weight lifting I've just been doing basic arm & chest exercises, nothing fancy. I increased by bench from 130 back in april to 205 now in June, and I'm doing about 110 on the curl bar where I started at 40. So I'm getting stronger too while losing weight.

The weight loss is most noticeable in my face right now. So here I was in a band photo shoot about a year ago:

attachment.php

and here I am today just dicking around with the camera at home:

attachment.php

quite a bit of difference. I can't wait to be at sub 200 again. Hopefully by Christmas :agreed:

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 157
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 163

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice, Vince. I do see a dramatic improvement! Keep it up, you sexy lad!

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's hard to tell between the two cause of the lack of facial hair.

Vince may I suggest swapping out the yogurt for breakfast for something with less sugar and more protein? :2c:

Keep up the good work man :yesway:

Sentient

Metal Dog
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats, Vince. 18 lbs in 2 months is pretty damn great. Those are also some huge strength gains you've made, too.

In addition to what Jason suggested, (and if you're not already doing it), I'd also recommend snacking on something a bit complex during mid-afternoon, between lunch & your final meal of the evening. Maybe find a brand of granola bar that you like, or something like that. That 'oughta help keep your metabolism working a bit during that part of the day, as well.

Keep up the great work! :hbang:

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I wore the goatee for a long time to cover up the double chin :agreed:

Haha, that works for me too :lol:

Congrats though man, in the drunken words of a bunch of women out on a hen-night singing along to Bon Jovi, edited slightly of course for context:

"Ooooooooooh, you're half-way there!"

Keep it up!

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
good job dude. imo, watch out on eating lunchables, crackers too late. look into carb cycling, etc, so you use them when you need em most and try not to eat high glycemic index carbs too late into the evening

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Your hair is kickass. Keep up the good work dude.

')