Jackson 7 String Fans - Chris Broderick 7 String Signature

• Thread starter djpharoah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why are you guys fighting over the neck radius? Isn't it a custom shop model? The neck radius can be what ever you want it to be?

If it's a USA Run then no, they'll all be identical, hence "run". Of course you could order a CS Jackson with whatever specs you want, though it'll be a good amount pricier than one from a multiple guitar run (we're talking thousands).

As for the MIJ one, it's not going to be customizable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
To any of the guys that have actually been at NAMM, were you able to see the price? Also, did you get a chance to try it? How does the neck feel? Round, flat, thick, thin...

serazac25

Reaction score
Nice, Stainless Steel frets :),I definitely see this as a production model if the lower part of the body is like "normal" like the other soloist
and a more symmetrical body I guess, but the upper horns are pretty cool just asking for some symmetry on the horns,
like on the JPX or whatever... A non-sig production guitar Inspired by Chris's Jackson maybe?
That will be nice, adding something new, like Ibanez with the RGD

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
looks great, even under this angle it retains the "mayones" feel to me, but very cool nonetheless!!!

Yeah it does a little bit. After the tooing and froing on specs and production are we satisfied that:

A) Initial US run (limited)
B) MIJ production run

At this stage, after conflicting info from several sources, I'm inclined to wait for an official release from Jackson themselves.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Well, from the way the guitar and the design has been received it's gonna be a fairly good seller as long as it's within a reasonable price range.

Chris Broderick really is a great guy to do a sig for, even though he may not be "famous" by any stretch of the imagination. However, pretty much every fan he has is pretty dedicated, and a large percentage of those fans are pretty serious guitar players themselves.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully the sig 7 means dave is letting him write stuff on 7 now.
He can't use 7 with them, and that's a big reason why he switched.

The control layout sucks for everyone that isn't Chris, though, which might be why Ibby wouldn't make it.
That's the thing though, the Ibanez guy was at the show going off that none of the specs on the Jackson were remotely like anything he'd asked them for and he was shocked that he went neck-thru on it as well.

I agree but very rarely does a flamed or quilted maple veneer have plain maple underneath.
That's what PRS does on their cheaper ones, and ESP does on their Standard series...

Still don't understand why Ibanez wouldn't let him tweak the body like this a lil bit?
Who says he wanted the body shaped like that to begin with? :scratch:

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
I love the control layout,
and that's a huge reason why I'm interested
in getting this guitar.
I like the selector to be right up front, which
is how the Synyster model is but that's too flashy
for someone like me, and unfortunately I got rid
of mine a long time ago anyways.
I still wanna play one before I make anything concrete though.

And no one knows what exactly Chris wanted with Ibanez
so there's no reason to debate that.
The only fact is that him having a sig Ibby 7 would be really
hard because of Vai's business deal with Ibby.

jaskasm

Reaction score
I love the control layout,
The only fact is that him having a sig Ibby 7 would be really
hard because of Vai's business deal with Ibby.

I don't doubt you, but what does Vai's business deal have to do with Chris getting a sig?

midian

Reaction score
Nah, it was mentioned on here before, afaik Steve Vai has a special contract with Ibanez regarding sevenstring sigs, the Korn dudes said it in an interview, since the only reason they got theirs is because they allegedly called Vai and asked for permission.

Still don't know if that's true or not, but I'm sure that's the deal ROAR mentioned.

')