Jackson 7 String Fans - Chris Broderick 7 String Signature

• Thread starter djpharoah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slapnutz

Reaction score
don't like his jackson sig... the only thing that i like is the color and maby the headstock (on the 7 string model)... the shape and everything else :barf:

imo the ibanez 7 string was much better (i want the white one :D )

ibanezm.jpg
Hell yeah man, I prefer that too. Ironically I prefer the Reversed Pointy Jackon headstocks waayyyy more... but then CB didnt decide to use that design anyway when he finally went to Jackson.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
don't like his jackson sig... the only thing that i like is the color and maby the headstock (on the 7 string model)... the shape and everything else :barf:

imo the ibanez 7 string was much better (i want the white one :D )

ibanezm.jpg

that is just freaking gorgeous guitar. :eek::eek::eek:

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Guys and gals, just got to know why Chris left Ibanez.... Apparently they put out a japanese sig without asking for permission from him. A guy alerted him on his website

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guys and gals, just got to know why Chris left Ibanez.... Apparently they put out a japanese sig without asking for permission from him. A guy alerted him on his website

We already knew that way way back in this thread... well it was speculated. Thanks for confirming :yesway:

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
We already knew that way way back in this thread... well it was speculated. Thanks for confirming :yesway:

To be honest I was way to lazy to read through all the thread, but yes, he has confirmed it on his blog. Man that would just have been a kick in the nadgers for Chris, I mean, they were planning on releasing an official signature from Ibanez...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah this has been posted about five times... and it wasn't a "sig". He was pissed that the RGA7 resembled his customs and they wouldn't give him a sig model. The only issue with the "resemblance" is that the RGA7 was prototyped before Chris had his LACS deal, and there's nothing on his customs that hasn't been done before on other guitars.

It basically sounds like a good excuse for what was a simple business decision :2c:

And :ninja:'d

Here's a post from the Broderick forum from when the RGAs came out... I like the pot-shot about playability

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/chris-broderick/529404-4-questions-chris-b.html#post8771957

Just found this:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping/goods/goods_detail.php?count=12&sort=1&fair=211&id=146549

I see it does mention Chris Broderick ( Megadeth ) - and does give some specs, so definitely seems to be designed after Chris' LACS7 with some obvious mass market appeal differences ( too bad no reverse headstock ).

For those that don't know Ikebe-Gakki is a Japanese store that usually has some different higher-end guitars than what is available in the U.S. but can be bought here in the U.S. with shipping/custom charges ( I've purchased a couple there myself , a Transparent Burnt Blue 7 - TBB7 & HRG7 black stain mahogany )

That is quite disappointing to me on Ibanez's behalf since it seems to have some similarities to what I have wanted them to release as a sig. The one saving grace is I am very particular about how the guitar plays and have no doubt that that was not taken into consideration for this guitar.

Take care, Chris.

Coffee Elf

Reaction score
This is a bit of a weird first post from me, but what the hell.

Nahh, I've been to the webpage that sold the guitar in question and it said black on white that it was a Chris Broderick guitar. That is what pissed him off, they used his name for marketing

If you're referring to the link that technomancer posted, that's not at all what it says.

First of all, that copy was written by Ikebe, not Ibanez. If Broderick didn't like his name being used, his beef should have been with Ikebe.

Second, what the text actually says is, "Highly requested by metal musicians, such as Chris Broderick of Megadeth, this is the first RGA seven string." No where does it claim that this is a Broderick model. (Japanese is my first language.)

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Second, what the text actually says is, "Highly requested by metal musicians, such as Chris Broderick of Megadeth, this is the first RGA seven string." No where does it claim that this is a Broderick model. (Japanese is my first language.)

^Exactly.... Which like I posted already the guy at Ibanez said at NAMM he left over the fact that specs were taken from his guitars w/o permission and used on other guitars. They're supposed to ask him and the other guys at the company told him that he said it was cool but in reality they never asked so it put him in a bad spot w/ Chris. It was this along with them not giving the option of a 7 string Sig model because he's not allowed to play a 7 in the band he's getting all the mass exposure with.

max-streich

Reaction score
hey guys
does someone know when Brodericks´signature will be in the shops in europe?? And does someone know the price for the MIJ version?
I´m deciding between a rg 1527 and this one.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
normal headstocks = :agreed:

reversed = :hbang::metal::shred:

This!

About 80% of the reason I've stuck with Ibanez through out the hit and miss quality and awful customer support is cause I find that they're one of the only guitars I can get down here that has a nice headstock and body shape :rolleyes: a reversed headstock 7 string RG would be the Bizniz in my opinion :bowdown: non of the RGA stuff though, they look nicer flat :hbang: traditional RG FTW! :shred::agreed:

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
hey guys
does someone know when Brodericks´signature will be in the shops in europe?? And does someone know the price for the MIJ version?
I´m deciding between a rg 1527 and this one.

It'll probably be a lot more expensive than a 1527, don't count with anything less than 1800 euro

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
It'll probably be a lot more expensive than a 1527, don't count with anything less than 1800 euro

im pretty sure it will be around 1500 USD cause its a MIJ Signature. Most MIJ Signatures such as the Demmolition and Dominion is under 1500 USD. Great guitars regardless

sly

Reaction score
No more news or rumors since Namm on en eventual release date, etc...?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Drum City Guitar Land has pricing up for the USA 7-string sig: $2449.99 for black and $2599.99 for trans black, trans red, or trans white (!).

No pics or estimated delivery date.

')