Jackson 7's Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter HurrDurr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
I love giant Jackson 7 headstocks. Kinda wish they brought 'em back.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll grab a few pics of the 3 CS7s I've got this weekend :metal:

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
The jealousy is strong within me! I really want a 7 string soloist in silverburst. Soooo... If anyone is letting one go ;)

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I used to own a CS Kelly 7 that did the rounds round here. Nice guitar but I didn't like playing it standing up!

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The SLAT3-7 was criminally underrated, I feel. But I can see how folks weren't lining up around the corner for what was a black or grey super-strat with a huge headstock and (ghast!) EMGs.

Yeah, it was another Jackson SMH moment - even trans-black was rare, that would have been the one I made the most of, though I love my Green Swirl SLAT3-7. Since the swirl finishes were "real" (done with a mop the old fashioned way) they were all different, and I've only seen a couple of good ones.

Still, anything made by Chushin kicks the crap out of the newer imports, though the Indonesian Pros are getting closer. The Broderick Pro was looking tempting, but the new DK7s are what really interests me...

benfan

Reaction score
Currently waiting on a store near me to get a DKA7 in so I can go and give it a test run. Very excited about that guitar.

Dooky

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the DK7's were supposed to be shipping in May. Still impatiently waiting:realmad:

conorreich

Momento Mori
Reaction score
Did someone say Jackson 7? :D

IMGP5661.JPG

Totally looked at this and went, Ooooh reversed headstock... woah it's backwards.

I don't own a Jackson but I've always had gas for a C.O.W. 7

s4tch

Reaction score
...I love my Green Swirl SLAT3-7...

I searched for it, and I have to say it doesn't help my GAS too much:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/155874-nj-ackson-d-slat3-7-now-actual-pics.html

:wub:

...Since the swirl finishes were "real" (done with a mop the old fashioned way) they were all different, and I've only seen a couple of good ones...

:yesway: I have an SLSMG Eerie Dess, the swirl was done in the same old school way on these, too, and man, do they look nice.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
The new DK's are seriously to die for. I'm always waiting for my buddy at my local Sam Ash to gimme a call when anything new in 7's comes in.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
If you like Jackson necks, bodies, and usual hardware there is absolutely nothing to dislike about the SLAT3-7. The quality was great too, on par with some of the USA stuff I've had in my hands.

This... I love mine. I have to be damn near about to be kicked out on the street before I sell that one...

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Sweetwater has the new DK7s. Look pretty good. Bizarre neck joint. I think I'll try pulling out one of the screws in one of my guitar's tonight and see how that goes. lol.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweetwater has the new DK7s. Look pretty good. Bizarre neck joint. I think I'll try pulling out one of the screws in one of my guitar's tonight and see how that goes. lol.

As long as the joint is designed to not need four bolts, it'll work. Plenty of builders have used one, two, and three bolt joints that have worked perfectly.

// Tom Anderson Guitarworks Tech Stuff\\

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Not the best picture but here are mine:
6ss6UWv.jpg

And I really need to take some better pictures of this guitar. It's ....ing gorgeous:
IMAG0078.jpg

KxK-85.jpg

Stealth+001.JPG

Latest posts

')