Jackson 7's Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter HurrDurr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Rev, I'm sure you've heard this before but.. if you ever decide to sell, let me know :D

Ain't gonna happen brother :cool: Loving it too much. I imagine I'll have this in my possession until the day I die. :metal:

Rev.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroTolerance94

Reaction score
I figure ONE day i'll own a Jackson 7. I'm such a Jackson fanboy.

Owned a Jackson JS22-7. I bought it, played it for like 3 days and realized I absolutely need the 12"-16" compound radius, and a 25.5" scale. I didn't like the 26.5" at all, not that I couldn't play it, just feel WAY more comfy on a standard 25.5". So I gave the guitar away.

Later bought myself an Iron Label Ibanez, settled for, actually. Jackson didn't have any 7's at the time with the 25.5" scale new.
Then a year later Jackson releases the DK7-M, and i'm ready to pull my hair out with GAS.

I even went through the trouble of swapping the EMG's out of the Ibanez for a Duncan Passive, (Sh-5 Custom 7) in the bridge. Cepheus pup in the neck, which I never use.

Then Jackson makes the DK7 even better by already putting in Duncan passives.
I need to buy it. Asap. Because it's going to kill me slowly if I don't.

Shrediablo

CC Deville Jr
Reaction score
Some pictures:

bqrcgl10.jpg

IMG_6619.JPG

kingv7_emb81-7_fr.jpg

268788_10150239654528681_7862860_n.jpg

DSC009932.jpg

KV73.jpg

KV7Grey8035.jpg

374248_10151278222186194_1325486768_n.jpg

JacksonCS_KingV_05-767x1024.jpg

Website of my friend ( I help from time to time ): Jackson & Charvel archive

Was just about to post a pic of my red jackson 7 string, but awesome that someone did it for me! Thanks! :D That first blue one is mesmerising!! :O

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the amount of H8 the SLAT3-7s got was criminal, so much so that it shouldn't really be a surprise that Jackson pretty much stopped making 7s for awhile after it was discontinued.

It wasn't even expensive, at least in the USA, about $1200 delivered if I remember correctly. That's how much the Loomis was going for at the time and everyone was hyping the hell out of those. :wallbash:

Oh well, I think I have a lead on another so.....:)

Correct. They were about the same price as the Loomis, which didn't even came with a case. Mine was 1000$ "new" (store demo model). Right, they were only 4 finishes available (plus two limited runs in natural and red) but they all looked great. I must admit that Jackson had much cooler swirls to choose from rather than the green one though. The SKB cases they came with were absolutely fantastic as well.

I happen to have both, the Loomis and the SLAT3-7. It destroys the Loomis in every aspect. My Loomis is an old 2007 model (first production year), so it has the german OFR. I may consider swapping the bridges although I'm not sure if the diffference is worth the hassle. The new 2014 Loomis has some awesome upgrades though, but I doubt the overall quality has improved to the level of the SLAT3-7.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Even though I don't like Kahlers, that was worth the bump. It's damn pretty.

Leurdamort

Reaction score
Kahler is recessed. There's a hole in the crotch of the V for the screw to block it or not. Btw finish is Washed out black. Oil + wax

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
Man am I glad this thread is still up! That last one is beautiful!

Stricken

Reaction score
^ Stick a Nazgul/Sentient set in that thing... trust me...

Do you have one with those pickups? I got one fairly recently, and I've been thinking about what to put in it, but I was thinking Dimarzios.

svart

Far Beyond Metal
Reaction score
I keep going back to my two kelly's... Everything else is fun for only a short while, but the Jacksons keep me happy!

MrEzzyE

Reaction score
The CS waiting time is just ridiculous. If I could find a nice used pointy 7-String Jackson somewhere I would be all over it. Otherwise I have to place the Warrior 7 order to a local luthier. But, you know... there´s something in the Jackson´s...

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know, it's funny - the original Japanese 7s (the DR7, DR7T, RR7R and KE7), the COWs, and the SLAT3-7s all took a lot of grief for design issues (small sharks with no binding, no neck pickup and funky heel, headstock size and rosewood), and they all pretty much clobber the current production guitars (USA Broderick excluded, of course).

I wonder how much of a market share they would have if they had just put out an SL2H-7 in 2002 like I tried to talk my rep into?

MrEzzyE

Reaction score
I wonder how much of a market share they would have if they had just put out an SL2H-7 in 2002 like I tried to talk my rep into?

Exactly! And I think it really stupid statement against 7-string players that it is not even possible to have Select series guitar as 7-string. It is always Masterbuilt CS which increases the cost remarkably and puts you on the waiting list for two years. :scream:

troyguitar

Reaction score
You know, it's funny - the original Japanese 7s (the DR7, DR7T, RR7R and KE7), the COWs, and the SLAT3-7s all took a lot of grief for design issues (small sharks with no binding, no neck pickup and funky heel, headstock size and rosewood), and they all pretty much clobber the current production guitars (USA Broderick excluded, of course).

I would own a pair of SL2H-7's by now (or ideally an SL2H-7 and an RR1-7).

I have been thinking about one of those new mexican DK7's but it's still not what I want with the bolt-on neck, reverse headstock, no sharkfins, and only 1 non-black color. The DK7Q looks way too similar to the RG927QM, I'm not sure copying Ibanez is the answer.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I played one of the non-USA Broderick 7's yesterday - great guitar, good fit and finish, Dimarzios...really solid for $1000.

Edika

Reaction score
I commented on Emperoff's thread and I'll say it again, hoping the mods won't ban me for repeating myself. I had the same stupid notions about the SLAT3 7's, boring colors, unattractive rosewood boards and huge headstock. Then I tried a used one on Thursday. The headstock in person doesn't look that huge, the inlays were fine and it was the trans black color. The rosewood board had that really washed out color but from the minute I picked up the guitar all of this didn't matter. It just felt so damn solid and the profile and action were amazing. Even the EMG's sounded great, clean and dirty. Unfortunately it was a used guitar with a price really close to what they were going new back in the day and I couldn't afford it, otherwise you'd see a NGD thread. I really understand why you don't find ads selling them often.

Anyone in London wanting to grab this, it was in Hanks guitar shop in Denmark Street and they're selling it for 899 gbp. No affiliation with the store so I hope it isn't considered as advertisement. If you're willing to spend these amount do yourself a favor and go buy it before I change my mind and call them up to ship it to me...

')