Jackson 8 String (4+4) Custom Shop on eBay

• Thread starter Xibuque
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's 2011, are we all still hung up on scale length? :lol:

Really though, if you want something longer, just get a longer scale. The Jackson CS is a CS after all. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
Well from a non-fanboy point of view.... first impression is that it looks pretty sweet and metal.

Second impression is for the price I could get something more to my liking somewhere else.

Surely it plays quite nicely though.

Not saying I wouldn't own it if things were different about it. It's a nice guitar, I just don't get off on Jackos too much these days. :metal:

EDIT: call me ignorant, but I think I dont mesh with Jacksons too well because they remind me too much of death metal/thrash metal. (Ive only ever owned 1, and played a few)

Betterlaidplans

Lurker Extraordinair
Reaction score
I think I just pooed a little. Sick 8. I'm usually more of a quilt top guy but like djpharoah said you know the quality is there and the 4+4 tuners get me every time(something about the symmetry of it). Add some scale length though and its pure win.

Reaction score
Seems like just another attempt by Jackson to remain relevent in a quickly changing market. It strikes me as nothing but a trade show "me to" guitar that nobody wants so now it sits in some random guitar shop in Jersey waiting for a sucker to buy it. Honestly you could buy a semi-custom Agile with the same exact Hipshot bridge and overall specs for less than $1000. Nevermind all the tuning instability you get with this overall setup anyway.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like just another attempt by Jackson to remain relevent in a quickly changing market.

The market may be changing in some aspects, but as of right now Jackson is still VERY relevant and sales don't lie. While 8-string are becoming more popular on the fringe they're still a microscopic niche compared to 6-strings. Maybe in a couple decades this will hold true, but definitely not now.

It strikes me as nothing but a trade show "me to" guitar that nobody wants so now it sits in some random guitar shop in Jersey waiting for a sucker to buy it.

Seeing as this guitar is for sale, it's not going to NAMM. As for nobody wanting it, like the last Jackson 8 (the inline headstock one which sold for ~5k+) I'm sure this one will find a home. I don't think anyone who buys a high quality guitar like this can be called a sucker. :lol:

As for "random guitar shop" CMC sells tons of $2k+ guitars both production and custom one offs. They are primarily a high end shop, and it shows with how many amazing guitars go through their hands each year.

Honestly you could buy a semi-custom Agile with the same exact Hipshot bridge and overall specs for less than $1000.

Like I said before, I'd take one of these over a cheap Agile, Ibanez, LTD, or Schecter 8 any day. While you may be able to get things like the same family of woods, and hardware from Agile, try getting the quality of woods, quality of craftsmanship, fretboard radius, and neck. Agiles are $1000 for a reason, because they're just not great guitars. Decent, but not great, especially compared to USA CS Jackson.

Nevermind all the tuning instability you get with this overall setup anyway.

How so? Keep in mind the nut on this will be cut properly, not the cheap plastic deals you see on imports.

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
The sls headstock is the way to go IMHO, I echo the sentiments of the honorable President of Jackson Whores that 'tis a classy and understated beast.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
My Sherman has a 25,5" scale and a low F#. She sounds nice and clear, and it's mostly down to wood choice, quality, and proper nut and bridge. That Jackson looks sweet!

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Man I hope I get a Jackson 8 string one day.. maybe they start the serieproducting.. I hope so..

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
It looks well balanced with that headstock, I like it. Not that I'd play an 8 anytime soon. XD

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
My Sherman has a 25,5" scale and a low F#. She sounds nice and clear, and it's mostly down to wood choice, quality, and proper nut and bridge. That Jackson looks sweet!

It wouldn't matter what it sounded if you played it live, everyone would be too distracted by all the jizzing. That thing's amazing.

On topic: I absolutely agree with Max, I'd take one custom Jackson even if it didn't exactly mean my preferred specs over 20 Agiles that were all specially chosen by me. I say Agile as an example, but referring to any import.

I only recently discovered just how much difference grade of wood matters, way more important than just 'family'

Reaction score
What part of that overall set-up leads to massive tuning instability? Did I miss something?

lol... compared to my RG2228. I've spent quite a bit of time playing Schecter, LTD and Agile 8's all with the same hipshot bridge and regular tuners and everytime I'd start bending strings real hard they'd go out of tune, plus several other adjacent strings as well... thats my only point. For a custom shop guitar at that price the thing should have that custom milled 8 sting Floyd that was floating around lol...

IMHO, the Ibanez system is superior as it stays in tune despite the abuse and then when it eventually does go out of tune a quick adjustment of the fine tuner on the fly fixes it. Thats all. Just seems like a lot of money for such a simplistic guitar. What do I know though? I'm just a hobbyist that sits around playing scales.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol... compared to my RG2228. I've spent quite a bit of time playing Schecter, LTD and Agile 8's all with the same hipshot bridge and regular tuners and everytime I'd start bending strings real hard they'd go out of tune, plus several other adjacent strings as well... thats my only point. For a custom shop guitar at that price the thing should have that custom milled 8 sting Floyd that was floating around lol...

IMHO, the Ibanez system is superior as it stays in tune despite the abuse and then when it eventually does go out of tune a quick adjustment of the fine tuner on the fly fixes it. Thats all. Just seems like a lot of money for such a simplistic guitar. What do I know though? I'm just a hobbyist that sits around playing scales.

If you're comparing the shitty nut on Schecters, LTDs, and Agiles (let's be real, they're far from great, and that's coming from a guy who has owned two out of three there), quit while you're ahead. :lol:

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
curse you for having this ! soooo much win ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
')