Jackson 8 String (4+4) Custom Shop on eBay

• Thread starter Xibuque
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're comparing the shitty nut on Schecters, LTDs, and Agiles (let's be real, they're far from great, and that's coming from a guy who has owned two out of three there), quit while you're ahead. :lol:

QFT. :lol:

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
I don't get all the fuss on it... I can agree with both sides of what people are saying about the guitar yet it also made me wonder a few things.
First thought: that's pretty damn nice looking, yet extremely simple/plain guitar.
2nd Thought: Thank god it doesn't have that gigantic inline headstock.
3rd: IDK How much I'd like the neck profile form the description... though I have played necks like that on 6's that I loved..but this description makes it sound very unproportioned.
4: Thick neck on one side, so thin a truss rod won't go in the middle...so then a Offset truss rod?? This to me just screams neck twisting problems down the road... I even showed it to a tech friend who's also in a national touring band and he said the exact same thing w/o me even mentioning that thought.
5: $4000?!?! I'm more one to agree with everybody who said they could get something with more/better specs to their likings from other companies for less.. Yea people are bringing up apples to oranges saying agile/schecter... but I bet you could get a KxK for the same or less.... and if Bernie built a Jekyll to the exact specs of this guitar it'd only cost $3000 and come with the same quality G&G case..and even if you got a highly figured Maple Top it still wouldn't even be $3400. Sure you can argue it's available now, but that's because its sat around for practically a year... and if you ordered something from a custom shop be it KXK/Rico/Mayones or even ESP they'd all probably get done faster than it'd take Jackson to complete.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
but I bet you could get a KxK for the same or less...

My Grape 8 wasn't $4k including custom hardware, BKPs, and G&G case :lol: Granted there was a discount because it was a prototype, but still...

IMG_2278.jpg

Also tuning was rock solid... if your tuning isn't stable on a locking tuner / hipshot bridge guitar there's something wrong.

Miijk

Walking E-string
Reaction score
Wow! :eek: The Jackson is stunning, was actually thinking of a 8 string in that manner yesterday! :p This just makes me want a custom jackson 8!

Give me! NOW! :'(

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Ive turned into quite the whore myself. I really hope its better quality than the Agile I tried out yesterday

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone wanna trade a Jackson for an Agile? Seriously though, I should have this beast by weeks end hopefully and will definitely be posting a NGD on this one. Ive got a surprise to go with the NGD too! It shall be pretty epic indeed. I decided that I dont care about the scale length. Im gonna use this to write riffs on and it will be easier to do with the shorter scale. Steve at CMC is a really nice guy and easy to deal with. Im gonna put in a long scale Jackson CS 8 order with him next week. I guess even though its not on the site, its possible now. Epic NGD shall ensue within a week or so.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
I should also add that their 7 string in line point headstocks look like a joke, but this looks absolutely perfect and matches perfectly, makes an amazing 8 string headstock, like it was meant for it.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Anyone wanna trade a Jackson for an Agile? Seriously though, I should have this beast by weeks end hopefully and will definitely be posting a NGD on this one. Ive got a surprise to go with the NGD too! It shall be pretty epic indeed. I decided that I dont care about the scale length. Im gonna use this to write riffs on and it will be easier to do with the shorter scale. Steve at CMC is a really nice guy and easy to deal with. Im gonna put in a long scale Jackson CS 8 order with him next week. I guess even though its not on the site, its possible now. Epic NGD shall ensue within a week or so.

I have talked to Steve at CMC multiple times. I ordered my last Jackson from him and I did not like the string through body, I told him and he said if i wanted to return it it would be fine, and he would pay back the shipping and he would shop me the FR version for a 100 dollar discount! I also did the specs for a decked out Jackson Sl2h- MAH and he said he would give me a sweet deal on it.

Steve will talk to you like a friend, not like a client, overall one of the nicest guys to talk to. A few of the guys I talk to over at JCF have bought Jacksons from him and all say the same thing, one of the greatest guys out there to get a guitar from.

I want to get a Mcnaught from him too...:hbang:

You will not be disappointed man, even if you are Steve will make sure he gets it right for ya.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta say, I'm an Ibanez player....... But this Jackson has my interest! Honest to god, if this were a production model, I would look extremely deep into the wallet for it. I absolutely love the SLS headstock and I think it suits this one perfectly.

Tristoner7

Reaction score
Looks killer, if it had a reverse SLS headstock like on the Broderick Soloists, I'd be all over it.

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
4: Thick neck on one side, so thin a truss rod won't go in the middle...so then a Offset truss rod?? This to me just screams neck twisting problems down the road... I even showed it to a tech friend who's also in a national touring band and he said the exact same thing w/o me even mentioning that thought.

The treble side of the neck has graphite reinforcement to prevent twisting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')